• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Life Advice?

Good to see you’re doing better, I’m 22 myself will be 23 Friday. I struggled with “finding my purpose” what I learned was let it come to you. A year ago I graduated college and had no clue what I wanted to do. Working full time now has showed me what I like and don’t like but always remember everything isn’t gonna be gold, there’s always bull but you gotta learn how much you can tolerate. You are not alone, many people go through this. I’m not doing anything related to my degree. My advice is don’t go searching, let it come to you. Keep your mind busy!!

The obstacle is the way!
Wise words for one that's so young!! You are the Captain of your ship!

I’m sure a lot of you guys forgot about this thread by now, and I know many of you weren’t expecting, or care to see an update.
However, I wanted to let y’all know. I took everyone’s suggestions and input to heart. I greatly appreciate everyone who offered their advice and wisdom.
I’m doing a lot better now though. I got my ass back in school, I picked up some new hobbies to keep my mind busy, I reached out for help, I found god, and I ultimately made a game plan for life.

Just wanted to post a quick thank you.
Much love, ODT.
Outstanding!!!!

I’m sure a lot of you guys forgot about this thread by now, and I know many of you weren’t expecting, or care to see an update.
However, I wanted to let y’all know. I took everyone’s suggestions and input to heart. I greatly appreciate everyone who offered their advice and wisdom.
I’m doing a lot better now though. I got my ass back in school, I picked up some new hobbies to keep my mind busy, I reached out for help, I found god, and I ultimately made a game plan for life.

Just wanted to post a quick thank you.
Much love, ODT.

That's great man. Remember, it's not how many times you fall; it's how many times you get back up again. A lot of us, if not all of us have had their teeth kicked in (meteorically speaking). I for one, have had it happen multiple times. Keep fighting bro and live the life you want to!

Keep a smile on your face and a spring in your step

Never get less than 8 hours sleep
Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city
And never sleep with a woman that has a tattoo of a dagger on her back

Dance like nobody is watching
Love like you never been hurt
Work like you don't need the money
If money can replace it, it's not really all that important anyways

There are highs and lows in everything. You just gotta wake up and Joe Dirt the $#I+ out of every day. Keep on keeping on. Having the big guy up stairs on your side helps tremendously! Ain't nothing he won't put you through that you can't handle. Best of luck and God bless

I was in the same boat. Graduated with a criminal justice degree become a LEO. Not a good time to be a white LEO. Wish I had been a welder. Pays good and you always got work.

I wasn’t sure where else to post this. Here’s what’s going on though. Im struggling to find my purpose in life, if any at all. Im currently 22 (about to be 23), have been going to college very inconsistently with a couple semesters here and there with plenty of breaks in between. The reason for this is because I can’t seem to figure out what I’m good at or what I want to do. It’s all very overwhelming and I’m getting flustered seeing all my friends graduate while I’m still over here messing around. I know you guys can’t exactly tell me what I should be doing, but I’m hoping someone can share a similar experience and help point me in the right direction.

Look into a company called YouScience. Very comprehensive testing that can help guide you.

Back
Top Bottom