• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LGS that has lost my busniess forever

Academy didn't raise AR prices when they went up $1000 in one day. Their ammo prices only went up slightly to cover their cost. In my experience with them they sell for MSRP like most retailers and when famine hits they dont ask you to assume the position

if you want/need something - you will pay the price
So, so true. You think folks would have learned last time but some don't and some can't

I know and lot of it is due to new shooters and people are taking advantage of them.

Then again some if it is just greed and not caring if they are screwing people over.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As the primary (i.e. only) shipping and receiving person for lgs, I can confirm gun prices from distributors have pretty much stayed the same in most cases, but even the ones that have gone up, have not gone up by a significant amount. Yet our store is raising prices on everything higher and higher just because they can use the excuse of limited availability. Most of our customers are dumb enough or desperate enough to keep buying anyway.

Ammo is a different story all together. We are struggling to get ammo from anywhere its available and sometimes its pretty expensive for us just to get it.

Our store has done extremely well financially since March, so the excuse of they are struggling to stay afloat is invalid. Especially with 90% of the employees only making $10/hr.

If our store is losing money at all, its because they are spending thousands on crap that will take us to sell. I.e. 500+ Promag AR mags, guns most people have never heard of (Tara Tactical?), or dozens of cheap turkish guns most people dont want.

I won't be employed there much longer and will never darken their door again after I pick up my last paycheck.

i love that folks are trying to blow by FFL's tellign them that distributor prices havent gone up or havent gone up by much. Lets ignore the folks that might have an actual idea that gun prices arnt skyrocketing.

Not so long ago, I went into a gun stores during the Obama Sellathon. The prices on the guns were all nice and neat computer printed labels. Some had a 1 written in pen added to the front of the price. Some were scratched out and rewritten in pen. Others were written over 5 turned into an 8. For some odd reason I couldn't believe that they somehow paid more for items they already priced once. Call me a skeptic I guess.

At least they have product. Could you imagine how barren the shelves would be if they decided to break even or take a loss on this stuff?

Don't take it personally, they are playing more and having to hunt harder for this stuff.

At least they have product. Could you imagine how barren the shelves would be if they decided to break even or take a loss on this stuff?

Don't take it personally, they are playing more and having to hunt harder for this stuff.

the main LGS's i go to have a ton on the shelves and still have very reasonable prices. I went to bullseye this past weekend and there were a ton of folks and the cases were filled and everything was the same price it was a year ago. Walked out with a brand new p320 at 499, cant beat that anywhere.

We've already had a few FFL's and dealers chime in that most stuff from teh distributors has NOT increased or has increased minimally.

Not so long ago, I went into a gun stores during the Obama Sellathon. The prices on the guns were all nice and neat computer printed labels. Some had a 1 written in pen added to the front of the price. Some were scratched out and rewritten in pen. Others were written over 5 turned into an 8. For some odd reason I couldn't believe that they somehow paid more for items they already priced once. Call me a skeptic I guess.

Grocery stores do that all the time. Have freeze in Florida, price of OJ goes up the next day,

Back
Top Bottom