• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LGS that has lost my busniess forever

One of their guys said they are on a new contract with higher prices, that can either be true, or not. Either way the reason they (academy, distributor, and manufacturer) can increase prices that much is because they have a seller's market. They can sell those boxes for $200 and people will still wait in line and freeze their asses to buy it. Until the panic buying stops, those prices will continue to rise.

Yep. That's how it works.

Mmmnn let’s see here I just bought 300 rd 9mm box for $89.00 which is pretty good and 308 fmj $16.99 box and all the x39 ammo you want for $6.99 box here in north Georgia gs and have purchased over 1500 rd 9mm in last two weeks there so ammo may have come up some but not what people think. Quit paying the flippers price and it will come down. This not our first rodeo people!! Obama days???

Yeah I just find it funny, sad and aggravating all at the same time. I don't get my ammo from the places around here due to the crazy prices they do charge. I do know that some of them have lost a lot of the customers they used to have and that would always come in and buy stuff. I know it's their busniess and what not and they will get what's coming to them as when all this is over and done with the people will remember who did what and how certain places treated them.

It is sad but true that we are our own worst enemies when it comes to stuff like this and then the infighting amongst gun owners from the fudds to the newer gun owners that think it's just like call of duty from play station/xbox. A lot of them are learning the hard way from just sitting around and now trying to find and buy things and stores look at that as well and know they can really get folks to pay the high prices for the guns, ammo and other stuff.

I had a FTF sale today with a fellow ODT member this morning. We met up and did our transaction and stood around talked a little bit more. After we got done with all of that I headed back to town but decided to stop by a LGS I frequent quite a bit here.

Well I went in and started looking around and I could not believe the prices I was seeing on what these guy's had on the wall's and in the cabinets. I am talking about the gun prices and then the prices on just stuff like mag's and other accessories and of course the cheap name brand other stuff.

What really floored me was the prices on the ammo he had. I asked about it as they didn't have any pf the 9mm, 40, 45, single boxes of 5.56 ammo priced. When I was told the prices I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and no they were not budging on the prices at all. They would not even budge for someone like me that has done plenty of business with the through the years.

I'm talking prices on 870's starting at like &800 plus, Clock mag's $30 plus, 9mm ammo starting at $80 for 50 rounds and federal HST's $100 for 50 rounds and so on with the stupid prices.

how much business you have done with them in the past does not change what they are paying wholesale now, how short supply is, etc. who you do business with is up to you but if you want something now it's going to be expensive. if you wait until the panic is over it will come back down. supply and demand.

Not that I really want to get into it but that is not really true. Prices from distributors have gone up very little if at all over the last year. Availability is the only real issue. Unless maybe they are buying off CDNN or Grabagun and trying to resell.

exactly, supply, if you have to make your breakeven selling 20 boxes of ammo now versus the 100 you used to be able to get...

dondon48 I get what you saying and yeah I'm just glad I'm not like a lot of folks who waited and took their time to get stuff.

I saw some of the ammo was stuff they had purchased from individuals and now they are selling it as new and marked up prices.

Again I just find it both sad and funny of how they play out. Yes folks should have done what they needed to do but then again some folks are not able to fo that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Its all going to be alright. If everyone had been hoarding, I mean buying early when prices were better quess what prices would have jumped back then and the folks that say I bought cheap and stacked deep wouldn’t have been able to so we would see a lot more whining. So really we have a lot to be thankful for:)

Back
Top Bottom