• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LGS that aren’t price gouging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun prices never went up from the manufacturer. ;-)
That's one variable. Demand definitely went up. Also, if you've dealt with manufacturers or distributors in the firearms world, you'll know that you often buy a good portion of your years inventory at buy group shows. Prices will be going up, maybe not right now on inventory coming in (because a lot of the inventory was purchased back in February/March), but it certainly will as market forces catch manufacturers and those pressures affect forward pricing.

The issue is that you don't really have a firm grasp on how the firearms/ammo world works, how free market economies function, and just want to tell people that they should look for a "better" price somewhere else because you disagree with the decision they're making. It's sad really.

That's one variable. Demand definitely went up. Also, if you've dealt with manufacturers or distributors in the firearms world, you'll know that you often buy a good portion of your years inventory at buy group shows. Prices will be going up, maybe not right now on inventory coming in (because a lot of the inventory was purchased back in February/March), but it certainly will as market forces catch manufacturers and those pressures affect forward pricing.

The issue is that you don't really have a firm grasp on how the firearms/ammo world works, how free market economies function, and just want to tell people that they should look for a "better" price somewhere else because you disagree with the decision they're making. It's sad really.

Is it? is it sad?

Or are you just mad that my posting lower prices lowers your chances of finding some sap to take advantage of with your dollar per round ammo?

Like I keep saying, if you see nothing wrong with it, sack up and own it. I never said you shouldn't be able to do it. I said be honest about what you are doing and stop making lame excuses...

Is it? is it sad?

Or are you just mad that my posting lower prices lowers your chances of finding some sap to take advantage of with your dollar per round ammo?

Like I keep saying, if you see nothing wrong with it, sack up and own it. I never said you shouldn't be able to do it. I said be honest about what you are doing and stop making lame excuses...
I'll list more even higher priced yet...just to "test the waters".

Is it? is it sad?

Drop the whole taking advantage of some poor sap narrative. It doesn’t work like that. This is an internet forum. If you are on here, you have access to the internet. And know how to do an internet search for an item you want. To say someone is uneducated about the market and others are taking advantage of them by listing something on here for prices higher than you agree with is about the dumbest thing I've heard on here in quite a while. That says a lot. You've pieced together your own rickety ass high horse to sit on, completely ignoring anything that doesn't fit within your own construction of how things work.

Ok, here's a question for the group.

I have twin boys and I've been saving for their college since they were born. But maybe I didn't put enough in and the 529 plan didn't keep up with the rising cost of a college education.

So while I was saving and they were growing up, let's say I also bought some firearms and along with them ammunition. At the same time I bought some silver coins along the way.

If I decide I should sell some of my assets to help fund their college educations - what price should I offer them up for sale? Should I sell the silver for what I paid for it? Should I sell the ammo for what I paid for it? What price should I use?

I mean, on one hand it's my kids' education. But on the other hand I have to remain true to my ODT brothers.

What's a person to do?

What's a person to do????
Home school,and buy guns with the boy's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom