• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LGS that aren’t price gouging

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do y'all think?

Is this store gouging or not?

Said store requires you to buy a gun in order to purchase ammo.

Gouging or not gouging?

Don't be obtuse. You are soooo reaching to try and salvage some sort of point. Just concede that your argument was weak sauce and move on...

You know what gouging, or "ridiculous prices are... If something that is available for $500 is listed here at $800 or more... What do you call it? Fair and honest?

This is like claiming that the riots are "mostly peaceful"... lol

You can price it at whatever you want. Nobody has ever said that you shouldn't. NOBODY.

What has been said, by them, is that we shouldn't be able to post cheaper prices or let people know what the market prices are. In their minds, whatever dumb number they come up with is "market price" and they should be able to list at that, etc... But someone who disagrees with them, should NOT be allowed to post, share a contradictory opinion or list better prices.

It's a one sided version of "market price" that they want, because apparently it pays pretty well to do so.

How is my complaining about stupid prices any worse than them complaining about my complaining?

Basically they want to be able to do whatever they want, but deny others to do the same.

I must have missed this “What has been said, by them, is that we shouldn't be able to post cheaper prices or let people know what the market prices are.” Nothing wrong that, might need more ammo one day and would appreciate price research!

I must have missed this “What has been said, by them, is that we shouldn't be able to post cheaper prices or let people know what the market prices are.” Nothing wrong that, might need more ammo one day and would appreciate price research!

Well that's the problem They don't want us posting those cheaper prices or sources, because it makes it harder for them to charge 50% over retail... He admitted that he is able to price those crazy prices because his buyers are not aware that they are being overcharged... and my letting them know that would be a "dick move"...

That's how they think, these bottom feeders that prey on people... they don't want information out there that "hurts sales"...

Fine, I won't post in their threads... their "storefront" or "property" if you will... But if they think that it's wrong for Best Buy to put up a billboard down the street or even across the street from some place that's charging stupid prices, they have another thing coming.

They will make up any argument to justify ripping people off, and just blurt out "free market" as if that means what what they are doing isn't shady...

They know it is, hence why they go nuts every time one of these threads crops up and they do their best to attack the folks and shut it down. It's bad for bidnezzz...

Don't be obtuse. You are soooo reaching to try and salvage some sort of point. Just concede that your argument was weak sauce and move on...

You know what gouging, or "ridiculous prices are... If something that is available for $500 is listed here at $800 or more... What do you call it? Fair and honest?

This is like claiming that the riots are "mostly peaceful"... lol

What argument?

I simply asked a question regarding having to buy a firearm in order to purchase ammo from a gun store.

Typical response from you by not answering the question.

Do you have an opinion on this business's business policies or not?

What argument?

I simply asked a question regarding having to buy a firearm in order to purchase ammo from a gun store.

Typical response from you by not answering the question.

Do you have an opinion on this business's business policies or not?

I did answer. I said that you were being obtuse if that's all ya got. I don't mind those kinds of things... I mean, is it wrong that Academy limits people to 3 boxes so that flippers don't empty the shelves and try to scalp them online for triple the cost?

Or when those guys in TN bought up all the hand sanitizer in 100 miles and then tried to sell it at crazy prices?

Funny how those things get people all riled up, but when it comes to guns and ammo its all good?

You can price it at whatever you want. Nobody has ever said that you shouldn't. NOBODY.

What has been said, by them, is that we shouldn't be able to post cheaper prices or let people know what the market prices are. In their minds, whatever dumb number they come up with is "market price" and they should be able to list at that, etc... But someone who disagrees with them, should NOT be allowed to post, share a contradictory opinion or list better prices.

It's a one sided version of "market price" that they want, because apparently it pays pretty well to do so.

How is my complaining about stupid prices any worse than them complaining about my complaining?

Basically they want to be able to do whatever they want, but deny others to do the same.
You are making this to complicated. If I post a g17 bnib for $800 and you post one in your thread for $775 nobody is bitching at you. It’s simple economics and simple supply and demand. I think what you are doing more than anything is just stirring the pot to be an asshole. It’s not about the prices even at this point with you. It’s that you feel so self absorbed and so narcissistic that you think you are right everyone else is wrong. You posted a nice Springfield the other day then the guy reposted it for more the next day and now you are on some sort of holy vendetta to prove that everyone is a gouger or an asshole for listing what they want. What do you actually want other than to just cry? Do you want everyone to consult you prior to listing or do you just want to cry. Jesus Christ man grow up

You are making this to complicated. If I post a g17 bnib for $800 and you post one in your thread for $775 nobody is *****ing at you. It’s simple economics and simple supply and demand. I think what you are doing more than anything is just stirring the pot to be an asshole. It’s not about the prices even at this point with you. It’s that you feel so self absorbed and so narcissistic that you think you are right everyone else is wrong. You posted a nice Springfield the other day then the guy reposted it for more the next day and now you are on some sort of holy vendetta to prove that everyone is a gouger or an asshole for listing what they want. What do you actually want other than to just cry? Do you want everyone to consult you prior to listing or do you just want to cry. Jesus Christ man grow up

100% wrong.

If you are listing a used Glock for $800 when brand new ones from dealers are $500, what do you call it?

I get it, you guys want to make money selling guns and you figure if you can suppress information and keep people from posting cheaper prices that you will dupe some poor schmuck to over pay.

Here is the thing. I support your right to do that!

Just sack up and admit it, is all I am saying. Stop pretending that its normal or that it's fair market price, when we both know that it isn't. Like the other guy, you rely on the buyer being ignorant, and you attack anyone that would "spill the beans" on your crazy pricing...

I am not saying that anyone should prevent you from listing as high as you want. It is YOU that sees someone posting cheaper prices, as preventing you from selling at a higher price.

Sorry, but that's how the free market works. Sears doesn't prevent Best Buy from putting up a billboard or putting an add in the paper...

If it was as simple as "supply and demand", as you claim... then dealers would be doing it. They would be FORCED to do it, or else they would be selling each gun at a loss...

Use your head.

Nice to see with all the craziness going on, that not everyone is over changing and double charging for guns and ammo. Made a couple stops today at two of LGS’s, here in southwest Georgia. First store had brass 9mm target ammo (Armscore) I believe, for 30.00 per 100 rounds. The other store had Anderson flattop AR15 for 499.00, said they got a pallet of 50 in. Same store had Beretta 92X for 499.00 last weekend. Grabbed the last one up at that price, came with 3, 17 round mags. Thanks to the local guys, folks like me can get buying what they need. Just thought I’d share.

That's how this thread started...

People that appreciate dealers still charging precovid prices...

All of you guys whining about it, leave. This thread doesn't concern you. Mind your business, as you like to say. You aren't dealers, so whining about the fact that dealers are charging 50% less than you do, is stupid. Post up your threads, charge a million dollars for a Glock. Nobody is stopping you.

So, let's ask again because no one will ever give me a straight answer. Why does what someone wants to ask for THEIR OWN PROPERTY bother you so much? You have absolutely zero vested interest in their property. None. Zilch. Zero. If the market states that a Glock is $478, just go buy the one for $478. Why does someone asking $800 for one bother you? Unless you can't actually get one for $478...
SirBannedAlot SirBannedAlot . Still awaiting your direct answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom