LGS that aren’t price gouging

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelhorse

Law Enforcement Supporter
Frontiersman
19   0
Reaction score
Nice to see with all the craziness going on, that not everyone is over changing and double charging for guns and ammo. Made a couple stops today at two of LGS’s, here in southwest Georgia. First store had brass 9mm target ammo (Armscore) I believe, for 30.00 per 100 rounds. The other store had Anderson flattop AR15 for 499.00, said they got a pallet of 50 in. Same store had Beretta 92X for 499.00 last weekend. Grabbed the last one up at that price, came with 3, 17 round mags. Thanks to the local guys, folks like me can get buying what they need. Just thought I’d share.

There is no price gouging. If I owned a lgs, I would be charging the market rate too. I wouldn't go full on cheaper than dirt/odt neck beard, but fair market. They do have to replenish their supply at whatever the supplies charge, plus the scarcity of those supplies raises prices further.

Damn I didn't mean to **** in your thread, and I do appreciate you forwarding the good prices!

They do have to replenish their supply at whatever the supplies charge, plus the scarcity of those supplies raises prices further.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say in the above examples by the OP, they aren't losing any money or making any less than they were 6 months ago.

I work at a gunstore and while some of our stuff is admittedly a bit overpriced, we do still have quite a bit of inventory that is reasonably priced for what it is. Working in receiving there, I can confirm that our costs have gone up on a lot of things and we have had to increase some prices due to that. I dont know where the stores selling ammo for pre-Covid prices are getting their inventory, because we cant get any ammo that cheap right now. Manager ordered several thousand rounds of 9mm fmj today at $19.99 per 50rd box. Seemed a little ridiculous to me, but people will still buy it as fast as we can put it out on the shelves.

funny
i picked up 3k rounds of 9mm for a buddy's lgs.. at .43 a round. about 22 bucks a box. he sold it at 27 a box. now i know its a sin to make a little profit on something and keep the doors open. but sometimes its necessary to keep your business afloat,pay your bills,pay your employees,and even eat.. but sometimes when you own a business,you gotta try and keep it open..

when the stores pay 2 or 3 times wholesale for an item. they dont do it for fun. they do it to keep people in ammo and guns. yes they are forced to charge more,but its not gouging,often the margins are much less.
gotta look at it from the other side..

funny
i picked up 3k rounds of 9mm for a buddy's lgs.. at .43 a round. about 22 bucks a box. he sold it at 27 a box. now i know its a sin to make a little profit on something and keep the doors open. but sometimes its necessary to keep your business afloat,pay your bills,pay your employees,and even eat.. but sometimes when you own a business,you gotta try and keep it open..

when the stores pay 2 or 3 times wholesale for an item. they dont do it for fun. they do it to keep people in ammo and guns. yes they are forced to charge more,but its not gouging,often the margins are much less.
gotta look at it from the other side..

Except that they are all buying the guns from the same distributors. GA Gun Store isn't selling guns at a loss. Neither is the dealer I go to in Cumming, that is within 5% of what guns were selling for pre covid.

The dealers charging WAY more, are doing it because they can. They are being opportunists.

Except that they are all buying the guns from the same distributors. GA Gun Store isn't selling guns at a loss. Neither is the dealer I go to in Cumming, that is within 5% of what guns were selling for pre covid.

The dealers charging WAY more, are doing it because they can. They are being opportunists.
yep
all the suppliers still have a huge inventory. oh wait,no they dont..
bigger shops have dibs on buying guns first. smaller shops buy from smaller distributors.
guns are also allotted,many times stuff in stock is not available for purchase.
if you ever get a chance,go ahead and open up a business, check out all the cool "costs of doing business" things you get to deal with. you would be very surprised.
i dont assume that everyone is ripping me off. sometimes an lcp is 159 bucks new,when it is,the shops are paying around 120 for it. but when you cant get a lcp,and you go to a gun show,and prices are up,you buy them for say 245 each. then you take them back to your shop,do you sell them for 159?
nope,you go ahead and mark them up, you sell them for 275 or 280.
then you are a gouger.
you dont make as much profit, but you are an opportunist.

I found out about this LGS from this site, and since I've been going there I've bought 2 guns from him and pretty much any ammo that I was looking for at better than decent prices. He's still taking 10% off used handguns as of this afternoon. Looking at what the internet prices are I have to say he's equal to or better and you can hold it in your hand. I won't say the name but it's the one in Butler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom