• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets talk yaks

You pick up from the industrial park? It's a ghost town in that place lately while they are liquidating. Worst decision in the world to put a kayak store in an industrial park.

Yes. They were hopping. Watched a total of 4 go out the door. He has opened up 3 other warehouses around the country. He is subletting most of the warehouse and only bringing local inventory in now. Kayaks are more popular than toilet paper right now he said. Lol.

Owner is an American success story. He was selling out of a box truck in 2014. Now 15 million a year. Started with nothing but a few dollars and a **** load of hustle.

Yes. They were hopping. Watched a total of 4 go out the door. He has opened up 3 other warehouses around the country. He is subletting most of the warehouse and only bringing local inventory in now. Kayaks are more popular than toilet paper right now he said. Lol.

Motorcycles and Powersports are the same. I've done 60-70,000 miles in 5.5 months. Just got home from Dallas and Houston today. Lavergne Tennessee is where they are doing most of their bulk orders out of now.

They've closed that location. Liquidation is in the works. They plan to reopen a retail storefront eventually.

I deliver the Vibe's all over the southeast and the people that buy them are ecstatic. The kayaks seem very well built and all reviews I've seen are stellar. I've taken them to the Atlantic Ocean, the gulf coast, Appalachicola and to river systems. Seem to be very versatile units.
The location in Kennesaw just off of chastain?

Yea, it was a terrible location. They were/are discussing getting a more visible store front in town.

Man I thought it was a perfect location. Easy to find, right off the main road. He has 28,000 sq feet of warehouse. Empty now cause he has three that size around the country. I guess now that he doesn’t need that kinda warehouse space he could look for something more retail but I don’t know why. His sales aren’t contingent on walk in traffic.

That kayak looks awesome! I think I want one.

you just called the main office to see what they had? Nothing in stock online.

Yes you need to call the store. Everything goes out as fast as it lands. Owner told me “apparently the only thing more important in a pandemic is kayaks”.

Anyone have experience with the thermoform type of kayaks manufactured by Hurricane in NC? I'm looking at a Sweetwater 126 for my first one. Girlfriend is considering a smaller one by the same manufacturer. They are lightweight and have flat bottoms.

I’m ready to up my kayak game. Want to stay under $1,500 all in. I’m looking at the Vibe shearwater. I don’t want it invest in a lot of the bells and whistles now but I like the fact that it is a good platform to add onto as I go.

Anyone own one?
Or what do you own that you like in my price range?
Hobie Pro Angler is what I have. You can get a used one from a private seller around that price point. I love mine. I take it to the gulf a couple times a year. Last year, I launched it and pedaled out about 300 yards. Caught a 30 lb kingfish

Back
Top Bottom