• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets talk yaks

Can they swim? I’m game if I can fish off of it.
1aeff00ef259d42c576524faf424cbc7--mongolia-swimming.jpg

I’m ready to up my kayak game. Want to stay under $1,500 all in. I’m looking at the Vibe shearwater. I don’t want it invest in a lot of the bells and whistles now but I like the fact that it is a good platform to add onto as I go.

Anyone own one?
Or what do you own that you like in my price range?
What do you have now and what does it not have/do that you want?

What do you have now and what does it not have/do that you want?

200 CL special. Had it for a few years now. Main gripe is comfortable seat. I have also fished enough wind to know that peddle power will be an eventuality. A little more stability will come with a nicer, wider yak.

My current yak is 65 lbs. I don’t want to go over 90-100 max. Prefer 80 or less. I like the ability to throw it on my shoulder and walk a couple hundred yards.

200 CL special. Had it for a few years now. Main gripe is comfortable seat. I have also fished enough wind to know that peddle power will be an eventuality. A little more stability will come with a nicer, wider yak.

My current yak is 65 lbs. I don’t want to go over 90-100 max. Prefer 80 or less. I like the ability to throw it on my shoulder and walk a couple hundred yards.
What kind and model is it. Most uncomfortableness comes from non elevated seats. You have a lot of options obviously. Adjustable elevation for paddling vs fishing is nice. Can't help you with pedal power. That's sacrilege. ;)

Bonafide, Wilderness and Jackson are all made in the US. Spend your money how you want but I wouldn’t buy a chinese (vibe)yak. I can attest to the stability of the Bonafide, spending most of my time fishing while standing. Check with Fletch @ Westbrook Supply Co. they carry Bonafide and Feelfree.

Back
Top Bottom