• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets talk rebuilt titles

Look what was at my friend's shop yesterday:
20200220_164023.jpg

I've been looking for similar. The LX470, GX460 (before the grill change), or Land Rover LR4 - soccer mom owned with no off roading so I can do it myself. The LX470 has been the hardest to find - at least one that hasn't already been modded or with a ton of miles.

What do you call a ton of miles? They are out there with sub 100k but they are going to be $20-26k if they are mint

What do you call a ton of miles? They are out there with sub 100k but they are going to be $20-26k if they are mint

75 - 150K miles and $8k - $12k is what I am looking for, and the 460 seems to be the sweet spot price wise. Any 470s I've seen have generally been 200K+ and/or heavily modded or lower miles and higher priced like you said.

75 - 150K miles and $8k - $12k is what I am looking for, and the 460 seems to be the sweet spot price wise. Any 470s I've seen have generally been 200K+ and/or heavily modded or lower miles and higher priced like you said.

Yeah you're definitely talking GX470 if thats the budget and mileage criteria. Dont discount the V8 4th gen 4Runners either. They are great trucks.

Yeah you're definitely talking GX470 if thats the budget and mileage criteria. Dont discount the V8 4th gen 4Runners either. They are great trucks.

Yeah I've looked at the 4 runners also, but the 470s tend to be better priced, much better equipped with the niceties (makes the wife happy), and of course roomier. Just not a fan of when they changed the grill around 13 so it reduces the options for me. But I'm not in a hurry. It'll be a midwest hunting rig for a couple of years down the road.

Yeah I've looked at the 4 runners also, but the 470s tend to be better priced, much better equipped with the niceties (makes the wife happy), and of course roomier. Just not a fan of when they changed the grill around 13 so it reduces the options for me. But I'm not in a hurry. It'll be a midwest hunting rig for a couple of years down the road.

Yeah I didnt realize how well Toyota trucks hold their value. The 4Runners are comparable to the GX, maybe a little more expensive, like you could get a little newer GX for the same price as a little older 4Runner but they are equipped a lot nicer. Probably quieter riding too.

Yeah I didnt realize how well Toyota trucks hold their value. The 4Runners are comparable to the GX, maybe a little more expensive, like you could get a little newer GX for the same price as a little older 4Runner but they are equipped a lot nicer. Probably quieter riding too.

Who on earth could deal with a "hunting rig" without Leather heated and cooled seats??? :)

Pretty easy to google differences in salvage or rebuilt title and requirements for it to be road legal in GA. I bought my truck with a rebuilt title out of state for a lot less than comparable clean title ones. But I did my homework on it first and knew what the damage was, etc., etc and had it inspected before I bought it. The only issues it has now are a few minor paint defects that aren't really noticeable if you aren't looking for them. I had no issue getting full coverage insurance on it through my insurance company.

Keep in mind if you are looking at an out-of-state vehicle, you will have to have it inspected by a Georgia state-certified salvage inspector before you can title it in Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom