• Texas

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Carolinas

Votes: 20 29.9%

• Total voters
I'm sorry, but the winner by a mile (to ban) is the "barbecue grill":
390px-Grilling.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_grill

As a texan, this state has some of the most pitiful barbeque I've ever tasted. With the Carolina vinegar sauce, dry, tough pork, and Brunswick stew that varies from "ok" to flavorless, I can't say I like any of it, save for Righteous que and d and ds in east point. Anyone know a spot that might change my mind?

As a texan, this state has some of the most pitiful barbeque I've ever tasted. With the Carolina vinegar sauce, dry, tough pork, and Brunswick stew that varies from "ok" to flavorless, I can't say I like any of it, save for Righteous que and d and ds in east point. Anyone know a spot that might change my mind?

Only the most delusional optimist thinks that he can change a Texan's mind about anything. For example, Texan's firmly believe they have big time college football. Pointing out the obvious truth doesn't phase their irrational belief at all.

I wish I did. Unfortunately bbq restaurants have to cook for the masses, and often lose out by cooking times, rubs, etc. compared to what individuals can do at home. Don’t even think about getting good brisket in Georgia. I’ve found some that were acceptable. Best Brisket I’ve ever had was by my brother in law. Perfect bark, very tender, juicy, and well seasoned. Best ribs I’ve had might have been my own several years ago. Neither of my kids wanted sauce, and they are sauce fiends for most meats. I’ve got my own rub that I’ve been adjusting for years. I’m still working on temperature consistency on my stick burner.

Shouldn’t have left Texas?

note to self: If ever in Texas, do not try the BBQ. Don’t want to have to come home to our pitiful bbq.

Sorry asbestos, have to deduct 10 pts for having
such a fine rack lying on a plastic cutting board.
Started with wood, finish on wood.
At the store, don't recall ever seeing Texas
Masterpiece sauce if that indicates anything.

Fox Bros is Texas transplants and decent. JD's BBQ in Woodstock and Acworth has good Brisket.

Back
Top Bottom