Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - Moved to Jan 22, 2022 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s talk Keto

Thread in 'The Men's Health Forum' started by crippen, Dec 27, 2020.

1. William A. Ellis

William A. Ellis Frontiersman

Rating
    100%
    I went to a gluten free diet about 6 years ago. I went from 265 to under 200 lbs, just by this diet change. You have to be strict, and it costs more to buy gluten free, but I feel better and look better. Most restaurants have a gluten free menu nowadays. There are even gluten free pot pies, sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits (with bread made from cauliflower, pizza too) that taste really good. Probably 30 % or more of people have gluten problems and don't know it.

2. sambo77

sambo77 ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I did keto from July until November last year and lost 50 pounds in that 4 month time span. It works.

Well it was keto along with exercise. None the less you can't rely on just a diet for your physical health to change, you can lose all the weight you want but if your cardio and atleast core strength aren't there you're just as bad off.

3. sambo77

sambo77 ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    caloric deficiency is untrue, when I was doing keto I was still consuming close to 3000 calories a day and lost 50 pounds. I ate 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.

diacnik likes this.
  4. crippen

crippen The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’m a loser. I haven’t even tried yet

FatAlbert likes this.
  5. FatAlbert

FatAlbert Hiland Arms. Cerakote applicator PM for quotes

Rating
    100%
    Agreed but I plan on sticking to clean keto till I get where I want to be. Mostly grass fed beef and wild Salmon, coconut, avacodo, non starchy veggies. Once my weight is where I want it might switch to paleo and eat a wider variety of veggies but I'm hoping to never go back to eating a **** load of carbs and whole grains.

ShawnZR-1 likes this.
  6. FatAlbert

FatAlbert Hiland Arms. Cerakote applicator PM for quotes

Rating
    100%
    There have been studies where participants both eat the same amount of calories, one group on low fat, and the other on keto. The keto group loses twice the weight every time. So there's definitely more to it than calorie in calorie out.

It's true that the only possible way to burn fat is to be in a calorie deficit, but keto certainly does it more efficiently when you hit that deficit.

sambo77 and DADI03 like this.
  7. DADI03

DADI03 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    Go for it. You can do it. Last time I did the diet hard l lost 55 lbs in about 3 months. Once you set your mind to it its not to bad. Theres a lot of really good food on this diet as well. Just look at macros. A lot of meals you see advertised as keto will kill your carbs for the day in one serving. Hit 20 or less grams of white carbs per day and you're good to go.

8. Gaffer1968

Gaffer1968 1956 DeSoto (pushbutton transmission) Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My advice is if you try for a significant weight loss, you need to get your blood tested regularly. Three years ago I embarked on a diet to lose about 25 lbs and ended up with a critical deficiency of sodium which caused hallucinations and other symptoms - ended up in an emergency stay in the hospital. They said I was about to die. The other element that can cause a lot of problems (lack of) is potassium. Both can be life threatening....

ShawnZR-1 likes this.
  9. Bgolden84

Bgolden84 ODT Junkie!

Rating
    100%
    I lost 55 pounds by running and not eating like ****. No special diet just used common sense and exercise. If you burn more than you take in the weight comes off and stays off. I eat Waffle House every day for breakfast and still lost weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnZR-1 likes this.
  10. crippen

crippen The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I bought a half eaten bowl of banana pudding off my daughter last night for $5. I may need to open a rehab thread rather than a keto one. For the record there wasn’t any other banana pudding in the house.

deller and DADI03 like this.