• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s talk Keto

There are lots of ways to lose weight if that is your only goal, as @Realtor pointed out the calorie in calorie out part of the equation is not unimportant. There are advantages to Keto and intermittent fasting that make losing weight more doable or at least it has been for me. My daughter lost 70 pounds on OMAD last year and consumed a diet that was not strictly Keto.
Both the Keto Diet and one meal a day cause the body to produce less insulin, the hormone that among other things causes the body to store fat. Once you discipline yourself to these ways of eating, and as @harrycalahan said the first 10 days or so SUCK, they are both independently or collectively easy to stick with. No cravings, blood sugar stays very stable so no moodiness, joint pain diminishes because of less inflammation, weight falls off which is super motivating, energy level is high after the body adjusts to utilizing fat as a fuel instead of glucose, mental clarity and even vision improves.
Good luck, I know this thread is a couple of weeks old so hope you have started already. I started back, (long story but fell off the wagon in August ), Monday and was down 7.5 pounds as of yesterday morning.

Have you had your cholesterol checked?
When I stopped eating a carb rich diet, cut out sugars & bread, etc., switched from "Smart Balance" to real butter or coconut oil, my cholesterol numbers are the best they've ever been (Tot: 137, HDL: 43, LDL: 79).

About three months in on keto. Have lost 25lbs and I'm under 300 for the first time in about 4 years.

Started off doing it the dirty way, eating a bunch of bacon, pork skins and other low carb garbage. Turns out you can lose weight doing that but you'll still feel like ****. Been doing clean keto since Christmas, mainly wild caught salmon, grass feed beef, avocados, coconut, and non starchy veggies.

I eat good and am never hungry and the weight is falling off. It's kinda expensive sourcing quality fats, between this and Thor's all meat diet we be putting down some animals and killing my wallet.

I did this waaaaay back in 2012 when there was hardly any resources or companies making keto foods. Between that and walking every morning I lost well over 100 lbs in the span of 3 months. Breakfast was bacon, eggs and avocado. Lunch was lettuce wrapped deli meat with mayo. Dinners were normally some form of meat and vegetable.

The one thing I will caution you with keto friendly sweeteners is that it can still trigger an insulin response and throw you out of ketosis. If you want to maintain keto and make it a lifestyle change its best to cut out sweeteners altogether. Pain in the ass but after a few weeks black coffee will taste sweet.

Now...if you fall off the wagon, understand your body will want to hoard those carbs and you will gain everything back and then some faster than you lost it.

One last thing....if you drink coffee, look up bulletproof coffee...you'll either absolutely hate it or just slightly tolerate it LOL.

And like others say, its best to have a significant stash of TP and new underoos for the first little bit and NEVER EVER trust a fart on this diet.

Alright I have got to get in shape. Gonna give Keto a run. Probably with intermittent fasting. Primarily because it’s how I eat anyway, I just eat all the wrong things. I basically live off of everything on the Keto don’t eat list.

In for pointers if you have done it. Here is where I see myself failing. First, I am always on the run and I eat fast food late every afternoon for convenience. Then we eat high carb meals at dinner and the rest of the family isn’t going to be changing any of that. Oh and my wife is a fantastic baker. Of course she is disciplined and will fill up on salad before having a small slice of cake or a single cookie. Moderation is so annoying.
images

??! Oh, sorry. Thought you said...

Alright I have got to get in shape. Gonna give Keto a run. Probably with intermittent fasting. Primarily because it’s how I eat anyway, I just eat all the wrong things. I basically live off of everything on the Keto don’t eat list.

In for pointers if you have done it. Here is where I see myself failing. First, I am always on the run and I eat fast food late every afternoon for convenience. Then we eat high carb meals at dinner and the rest of the family isn’t going to be changing any of that. Oh and my wife is a fantastic baker. Of course she is disciplined and will fill up on salad before having a small slice of cake or a single cookie. Moderation is so annoying.
Keto works great, just eat right and stay in Ketosis

Back
Top Bottom