• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s talk Keto

gotta make it a habit. Now much unhealthy food isnt a vice for me. Just gotta eat right, and hit the gym. I like it cause it makes me look better, and psychically better. That being said im an ectomorph also, just gotta find recipes you like stick to it live in it make it your home. Cut out the sugar MOST, only eat complex carbs that are good source of protein also read nutrion facts. fat isnt terrible but try to keep it clean.

Now I have decent muscle for my age, 6 pack abs (still need to be defined but there), and healthier. Getting your body right isnt going to stop all your problems, but it will make you a whole lot happier. Atleast for me. I workout at planet fitness $10 a month no excuses you got this.

My wife and I did it together for a year; having an accountability parter made it much easier to stay on track.

As for the fast food on the road, keep your truck/car stocked with beef jerkey and water. And if you need to up your fat macro, you could bring avocados to snack on.

We started adding MCT oil to our diet about 3 months in (added it to our morning coffee) but be careful with that stuff, it'll have you running for the commode if you add too much.

Best of luck.

It works great. But it is a diet that if you have a cheat day it sets you back quite a bit. You have to really go at it hard. You can eat fast food just don't do it often. If you need a fast breakfast get a bacon egg and cheese and throw away the bun. I used to go to Bojangles and get 2 sides of eggs and 3 sides of bacon when I was on it. I lost 55 lbs doing it. You will feel weak for the first month on it. Once you get pass that you feel fine. Your body has to get used to finding the energy a different way. I would gas out real fast at first. Which is very annoying. A lot of my dinners were chicken and cauliflower mashed and dressed like mashed potato's.

It’s hard, I lost almost 30 pounds though and it cleared up a bunch of other health issues and skin issues I was having at the doctors couldn’t figure out. I have since gotten off of keto and I’ve only gained back 10 pounds so I’m still net 20 lighter and none of my skin conditions and health issues have returned thus far. It was a definite win for me though it was extremely difficult to stick with and do properly

Read a lot of interesting stuff about keto in here. Curious from anyone who is more on the fit/muscle side of things. How will this effect you in the gym with strength/gains wise? I am 6'4 230 (fit not fat) Prob in the mid teens in body fat % looking to keep muscle mass just reduce some lingering fat in the mid section. Goal weight is more on the 215-220 side.

Carnivore is another option to consider. I've been on it since September and it definitely helped to hit my target weight.

I got my father to try it as well and we both have migrated to a carne/keto combo that seems to work well for both of us.

My dad has lost about 30lbs in 2.5 months with 0 excercise. He was 221lbs at the start and type2 diabetic, he is 69 years old.

The migration from strict carnivore has been minor, a few small veggies here and there and I bake desserts using almond flour and erythritol sweetner. A good amount of salt and water has done us well throughout.

Our meal plan is fairly simple and redundant but we eat until full and stay satiated.

Our schedule looks something like this..

Breakfast: black coffee with a tablespoon of butter.
Lunch: 2 eggs and 8oz ground beef patty cooked in butter.
Dinner (6pm): ribeye, chicken (dark meat only) or seafood.(Don't forget the butter!)

Lately I have been learning to make keto pizza and lasagna using eggs and mozzarella cheese as the crust with works pretty well when done right.

All I can say about this diet is it's been great for both of us, it did actually help my skin conditions that appeared on my face and it even helped with my knee pain that I've had for the last 10 years.

I even started my dog on a ground beef, egg, and tuna diet and she's doing very well!

Here's a few links I use for recipes and information.

https://drberry.com

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/

Carnivore is another option to consider. I've been on it since September and it definitely helped to hit my target weight.

I got my father to try it as well and we both have migrated to a carne/keto combo that seems to work well for both of us.

My dad has lost about 30lbs in 2.5 months with 0 excercise. He was 221lbs at the start and type2 diabetic, he is 69 years old.

The migration from strict carnivore has been minor, a few small veggies here and there and I bake desserts using almond flour and erythritol sweetner. A good amount of salt and water has done us well throughout.

Our meal plan is fairly simple and redundant but we eat until full and stay satiated.

Our schedule looks something like this..

Breakfast: black coffee with a tablespoon of butter.
Lunch: 2 eggs and 8oz ground beef patty cooked in butter.
Dinner (6pm): ribeye, chicken (dark meat only) or seafood.(Don't forget the butter!)

Lately I have been learning to make keto pizza and lasagna using eggs and mozzarella cheese as the crust with works pretty well when done right.

All I can say about this diet is it's been great for both of us, it did actually help my skin conditions that appeared on my face and it even helped with my knee pain that I've had for the last 10 years.

I even started my dog on a ground beef, egg, and tuna diet and she's doing very well!

Here's a few links I use for recipes and information.

https://drberry.com

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/
Have you had your cholesterol checked?

Keto seems like a diet that requires careful food selection or else you risk “ruining” your goal of ketosis, so unless you’re a disciplined person, I’d say it’s a waste of time. If you can be disciplined enough for keto, then you can be disciplined enough to just eat a better diet and exercise instead, so you see much better long-term results of an overall healthier lifestyle.

The results may not come as quick but over the long term you will be more consistent and it will become a part of your lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom