• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s talk Keto

My personal key is keeping my wife on keto which is why I fell off the wagon last year. Hard making separate meals. She fell off again last weekend because we went to a party and they had cup cakes. Sure wish I could buy her a bottle of will power pills.

Cupcakes are hard to resist. I'd have dedicated an extra 30 minutes to my workout sessions for an entire week if I cheated.

Congratulations; you lost an absolutely obscene amount of water weight ; food waste; and stored fat. Keto is not to the credit for that. Your caloric deficit is. You're again highlighting your lack of understanding on a lot of things. You posted a known steroid user as a measure for me to live up to; which is hilarious because when you do the level of steroids people like your idol; your diet becomes almost completely irrelevant. But moving on; this is where I currently am without needing anabolic assistance

6'0
185lbs
11-12% body fat
Squat sets: 225lbs 12x4
Bench sets: 225lbs 12x4

This is about the limit I can reach without anabolic assistance. My start was at 240 at 20% body fat and I got here with nothing but a standard exercise routine, lots of sleep, and a balanced caloric diet. I also hold a degree in sports medicine and own a clinic so I'm not sure how much more qualifications I need to display to show you that you need to rethink how you approach health. With all of that said; you have a very warped idea of what fitness is if you use steroid using competitors as a justification for your sub optimal dietary choices.

You would do a lot better in life if you stopped being hard headed and considered that perhaps you can be wrong once in a while.

View attachment 3534683
There you go, that's what you've been wanting to post. Glad you got that out your system.

What am I wrong about exactly? That clean keto is a healthy diet that played center stage in my weight loss?

Ok. Cool story bro.

There you go, that's what you've been wanting to post. Glad you got that out your system.

What am I wrong about exactly? That clean keto is a healthy diet that played center stage in my weight loss?

Ok. Cool story bro.
Yeah, I got the feeling he just wanted to post shirtless pics to a bunch of rednecks on a gun forum. Whatever dude. We all have our secret fetishes.

Ok. Cool story bro.

Yeah, I got the feeling he just wanted to post shirtless pics to a bunch of rednecks on a gun forum. Whatever dude. We all have our secret fetishes.

Such sad responses. GLWS

I didn't advertise my clinic or myself nor would I care to have anyone in ODT be a client. I do specialized work in physical therapy and I guarantee that you wouldn't even qualify.

Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert Do you know anything about how important the bodies anabolic state is? Especially in relation to weight loss, glucose management, and general health? When you're constantly on ketosis you're completely depriving your body of the ability to actually create any muscle which just having muscle controls your blood sugars and BURNS CALORIES. Its extremely apparent that you do no serious training not just from your pictures but just by the sheer fact that if you actually attempted to lift even lightly ; you'd crash and burn and see almost zero results from your workouts as your body being in ketosis produces zero energy for your fast and slow twitch muscle fibers. If you actually felt a workout while on ketosis you'd instantly understand why it's an ultimately futile diet.

The snake oilsman that are selling that you can look jacked even on ketosis are on hardcore anabolics. You cannot build muscle naturally while on constant ketosis. You need the anabolic state to actually build muscle. End of story. If you don't care about having muscles for strength or "vanity" then you don't understand how vital muscles really are to managing your longterm health. If you are *actually* open to learning a diet that's compatible with the habits you've already built using ketosis WHILE being able to train your body up; you can DM me. I am happy to guide you FOR FREE. Otherwise; all the other nonsense everyone else here is bandying is just that.

Funny, I've just started building muscle on keto. My work out right now is just sit-ups, push ups and squats because I'm trying to get below 20% body fat before I start getting serious about building muscle.

But I'll tell you what, the moment I stop improving my body on keto is the moment I'll DM you and take your full advice.

So this only goes two ways, I continue with ketosis and continue improving. Or I take your advice and continue improving. Doesn't matter to me as long as I continue improving.

I will say your physique does put weight behind your words, It's speaks volumes to your discipline. But Your degrees mean nothing to me.

As far as being open minded, it was just two years ago I myself was calling keto a fad diet and telling my friend here that "calorie in, calorie out" was the only way. So my mind can definitely be changed. I actually used to cringe anytime someone mentioned keto and now I'm that guy.

Early when said to start a thread on your recommendations I was dead serious. Would make more sense than ****ting on the keto thread, and would be a lot more helpful. I'm as open minded a person as you'll ever meet.

Just childish.
Now this post >
My personal key is keeping my wife on keto which is why I fell off the wagon last year. Hard making separate meals. She fell off again last weekend because we went to a party and they had cup cakes. Sure wish I could buy her a bottle of will power pills.
seems to be about a man who has lived a life and is doing something for someone he loves. The complete opposite of a sad response. Absolute respect.
I've also got respect for FatAlbert posting his pics. Not trying to big-note himself, just here it is, whatever.
Post some more glamor shots bro.
Actually, as for your glamor shots, yeeha. Get over yourself. I'm 49, been hitting the gym since 1988. Your lifts are baby weights. I'm coming back from a shoulder injury and I'm doing that. Weigh 215 at the moment, thats where i choose to stay, feel better, recover better when I'm not too skinny. You want me to go do a homo photo too. Getting a bit strange in here.

I dunno about any of all this diet, muscle improvement or whatever diet stuff there's about, frankly. What I DO recommend is that if you decide to try any of them for whatever reason is that you get regular (i.e., 3 to 6 month) blood tests to assure you have all the necessary blood level components seen in healthy people. I did a self imposed diet about three and a half years ago - low sodium, no salt and low cholesterol diet and ended up in the emergency room with a near-fatal lack of sodium in my blood makeup - hallucinations and the whole nine yards. Same thing goes for potassium and a couple three basic others. Regular blood testing monitors all that. Would have saved a $45K hospital bill for 2 days in an ICU.

Just childish.
Now this post >

seems to be about a man who has lived a life and is doing something for someone he loves. The complete opposite of a sad response. Absolute respect.
I've also got respect for FatAlbert posting his pics. Not trying to big-note himself, just here it is, whatever.
Post some more glamor shots bro.
Actually, as for your glamor shots, yeeha. Get over yourself. I'm 49, been hitting the gym since 1988. Your lifts are baby weights. I'm coming back from a shoulder injury and I'm doing that. Weigh 215 at the moment, thats where i choose to stay, feel better, recover better when I'm not too skinny. You want me to go do a homo photo too. Getting a bit strange in here.

The irony of your own words. You sound like a literal child trying to one up others while throwing out homophobic slurs. You're doing full sets and reps of 225 lifts with a shoulder injury? Okay buddy. Cool story. Also the homophobia is pathetic. I've served with guys who are 20x the men you'll ever hope to be that are homosexual. Imagine being this much of a pathetic trash heap to make yourself feel better that you feel the need to demean an entire population of people. Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom