• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s talk Keto

We started it last January...... went hard core for 2-3 months and have been doing modified version for past 10+ months. Agree the initial shock Sucks...... but been down a steady 60+\- lbs...... for almost a year. Preparation is key....... don’t eat fast food anymore, if we eat out you have to be conscious as to what’s good/bad....... it’s a lifestyle change for sure....... good luck

Try to stay as pure as possible for the first 2 weeks so your body will get in ketosis where it's burning fat and not carbs.

I'm a big fan of eggs. Hot sauce goes a long way to replace cheese in them during the early stages of the diet.

Once you get in maintenance phase you can get low carb wraps for breakfast burritos and the like but that's down the road a bit.

Don't weigh yourself every day. Once/week is fine. Focus on the diet and the results will come.

I fell off the low carb wagon in late August and with the holidays I'm as heavy as I have ever been. Getting back into the routine for '21. It's a struggle when the whole family is not on it. Too easy to cheat. And unfortunately it's not a cheat friendly diet. Weeks of progress can be lost with one bad meal.

Good luck! It's a great healthy low inflammation lifestyle if you can maintain it.

I did it hard-core for a year and lost 70 lbs. You gotta stick to it, there are NO cheat days with Keto.

Every 2 weeks I made a big pot of soup. I got the 16 oz clear takeout containers off of Amazon and put 5 bowls of soup in the fridge and 5 in the freezer at work. I also kept stuff for a salad. This way I was always prepared. I boiled a dozen eggs on Sundays and kept them for snacks at work during the week.

I do all the cooking, so I would cook the protein and side dishes for the family and then make different sides for me. I always cooked extra and took that for lunch some days.

55B8582B-6BE6-4131-AFB5-7E8C9C5385D8.jpeg

I've dropped 60 pounds since late August following a strict Keto diet. The Carb Manager free app will help you track your macro nutrients effectively. Keep your fat% at or above 70 and carbs under 20 grams and you will see results in a few weeks. Watch your total calories as well. I rarely reach my max calories as almost all my carbs come from eggs, broccoli, asparagus and cabbage.

Good luck - it has greatly improved my health.

X2 on the water intake. You DO NOT want gout. ask me how I know.

I was trying to loose weight for cancer surgery a year + ago and decided to juice 1 or 2 meals per day instead of meals. Lost 53 pounds no problem.

It just ain't too easy to keep it off.

Lots of good, free info and macro calculators at ruled.me and ketogains.com. Myfitnesspal is a free app that makes it easy to track those macros. Get into the habit of tracking everything; if you think you've eaten zero carbs for the day, you're probably at 50+.

Everything you need to know has been said. Stick to it or don't bother - but a lot of folks find that's easier than they expected. Bad news is you're confined to a life of steak, bacon, bourbon, and red wine. It's a lifestyle if it works for you, and the benefits far exceed dropping a few extra pounds. Lower cholesterol, reduced insulin resistance, etc...

If you want a deeper dive beyond that, check out anything by Robert Lustig (Fat Chance) or Gary Taubes (Why We Get Fat, Good Calories - Bad Calories). Give it an honest month and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom