Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - Moved to Jan 22, 2022 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s talk Keto

Thread in 'The Men's Health Forum' started by crippen, Dec 27, 2020.

1. DADI03

DADI03 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    You can eat cheese on Keto.

Healthy eating habits are just good ones to have. Good for you and good luck. I will say the biggest thing/problem with a keto diet is that a cheat day sets you back a week in the weight loss. If you just plan on making this a new lifestyle diet you should see some good improvements in the way you feel. As well as a "cheat" day isn't that big of a deal if this is your new way of eating. You will still lose weight with some cheating it will just be slower than without it.

KnifeGuy likes this.
  2. crippen

crippen The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    We might have ended up more paleo than Keto. We looked at both and just basically decided to try and cut out all the trash we eat. By default I end up very low carb some days but yesterday i had a banana and some raw cashews which put me over the Keto carb limit. I got back into a bad fast food habit. At least once a day, and then add a QT stop to that for some chips and a trip to the bakery rack everyday. I can afford the carbs from a handful of raw cashews.

3. DADI03

DADI03 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    I here you. roller food isn't half bad when you're hungry. It's quick and hot. Nuts are a good form of fat on the keto diet, banana not so much. But working in the heat it's good to have potassium in you to help store water and not dehydrate. Back in the day when I started in construction the older guys would always eat fruit. That does wonders for you in the heat.

4. FatAlbert

FatAlbert Hiland Arms. Cerakote applicator PM for quotes

Rating
    100%
    I don't think you can honestly call keto a fad diet. If done right, you're literally changing the way your body produces energy.

I agree, loosing weight is a simple as a calorie deficit, that's the only way. But when I've done that in the past, I was always starving myself and was miserable.

Keto teaches your body to favor burning fat, when you hit that caloric deficit it means nothing to your body, you don't get the same cravings as someone who eats more carbs.

I've done the low calorie lots of exercise routine to lose 80lbs and it was a struggle the whole way and took a long time.

I haven't changed my exercise a bit on keto, and have dropped 60lbs and counting like it wasn't nothing. It's extremely effective.

Not to mention all the evidence of reversing diabetes and treating seizures for people. It's more than just some fad diet.

KnifeGuy, troutman and Hayata like this.
  5. FatAlbert

Rating
    100%
    clockerman likes this.
  6. FatAlbert

Rating
    100%
    Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and a little Dijon mustard makes a great super clean keto dressing.

Cook your meats with avocado oil or ghee. I soak my steaks in ghee.

crippen likes this.
  7. crippen

crippen The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I bet you do

FatAlbert likes this.
  8. clockerman

clockerman ODT Junkie!

Rating
    100%