• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s See Some NV/Thermal Setups

Depends on the quality of the tubes. I wouldn’t take low spec WP tubes over high spec green ones.
In super dark conditions i agree. I almost prefer green under normal conditions that i shoot in though(clear nights, ambient light from moon etc). Message me if you want to check out the panos. Im in Dalton GA. We shoot on Wednesday nights. Will be night vision after the time change

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ll play. I try to keep my setups simple. I have one PVS-14 green tube setup, a dual tube WP setup (bad ass WP tubes), and an IR-PATROL 12 micron thermal. I can weapon or helmet mount the thermal, but I typically use it as a handheld.

5BC948CF-2726-42E1-83D5-2A2E5299D07F.jpeg
BEA95F9B-D5BE-44F3-BE4C-DEC3CF56D0B2.jpeg
D5F114F9-FA89-4B5F-B9BA-663B3A3B8F82.jpeg
98FD8AF5-8085-40F1-B060-6FF9B8DE9913.jpeg
BF3FA6D8-2A9F-4876-9196-82E6B3C1FFF6.jpeg
1D4E8935-DC20-45D6-9174-0C66B004602F.png

7103533B-E41D-47BF-ADBD-C6B09F5CE133.png
C6842EE9-20F2-49C9-800F-EA10BDD272F9.jpeg

OP, alevinson91 alevinson91 , did you order the RNVG from TNVC? Mine are the Sentinal goggles from them. I wish I would have waited for the DTNVG's to come out, but I bought mine several years ago. I've reached out to them to see about re-housing, but the cost is stupid just to have a different housing for my tubes.

Tip for you helmet guys ... invest in some good liners. Game changer for comfort level, especially if you're wearing your NV for hours on end. I bought these a while back and I don't know what I would do without them. They're so comfortable.

https://tnvc.com/shop/opscore-fast-lux-liner-kit-worm-dial/

Question for y’all night vision guys. I want something just to play with on my property. Open fields about two hundred yards. Looking at the digital night vision set ups for around 700. I know that it is not considered real night vision but this will be a play thing for me. I just saw where atn produces a thermal unit called the Thor lt for about 1300. What say ye

Question for y’all night vision guys. I want something just to play with on my property. Open fields about two hundred yards. Looking at the digital night vision set ups for around 700. I know that it is not considered real night vision but this will be a play thing for me. I just saw where atn produces a thermal unit called the Thor lt for about 1300. What say ye

I can tell you first hand if you buy a digital NV you will be wasting your money and will regret it very much. No where even close to the same. However, the Thor thermal for $1300 you will really enjoy! I haven't looked through them, but have heard good things for the money, plus if it's just for play on your property, you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of the thermal as you'll be able to see the heat signature of all the little critters out there at night.

I can tell you first hand if you buy a digital NV you will be wasting your money and will regret it very much. No where even close to the same. However, the Thor thermal for $1300 you will really enjoy! I haven't looked through them, but have heard good things for the money, plus if it's just for play on your property, you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of the thermal as you'll be able to see the heat signature of all the little critters out there at night.
Thanks I will start looking at that thermal model

Back
Top Bottom