• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s See Some NV/Thermal Setups

Ok so this wasn't a topic about me being superman and able to see into the future. It was a serious question. My friend bought a badass expensive night vision setup. He walked across the yard and I can see the little red light on the IR. I'm wondering to myself why someone would spend all that money on something that gave away their position. Everyone thinks they can see everything but no one can see them. I've done a little research and some people can see out of the spectrum a little bit. I'm also wondering if the lower wavelength of some of the illuminators have something to do with it.
My other question is can no one else see this?
The red light is a seen be everyone. If he turns his built in illuminator off you won’t see it.

Ok so this wasn't a topic about me being superman and able to see into the future. It was a serious question. My friend bought a badass expensive night vision setup. He walked across the yard and I can see the little red light on the IR. I'm wondering to myself why someone would spend all that money on something that gave away their position. Everyone thinks they can see everything but no one can see them. I've done a little research and some people can see out of the spectrum a little bit. I'm also wondering if the lower wavelength of some of the illuminators have something to do with it.
You are a minority but it isn’t unheard of, the new iPhones really highlighted the people who could see it since they use IR for Face ID. There’s many complaints all over the web from people who can see IR light on the new iPhones.

Keep looking at illuminators and eventually you'll see nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I have spy link micro trail cameras and Arlo pro 2 cameras. I can see a dull red glow at night when they’re active. Is this similar to what you’re referring to? Should I avoid exposure to my eyes when near these devices?

I have spy link micro trail cameras and Arlo pro 2 cameras. I can see a dull red glow at night when they’re active. Is this similar to what you’re referring to? Should I avoid exposure to my eyes when near these devices?
This is what I'm referring to. I chalked that up to them being cheap it. But you can also see the expensive ones. I don't know about damage to eyes. I don't sit there and stare at them

You can see those because they use 850nm wavelength. The real invisible ones(that very few people CAN see) are 940nm wavelength

I think I’m gonna order a Steele Nightfighter Package GP PVS14... 4 week lead time sucks though....

Worth it.

BA8C6D26-BC94-4C4B-89BA-7AD2A6F860DF.gif

Back
Top Bottom