• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s See Some NV/Thermal Setups

Someone talk me out of a good monocular. I can helmet mount, weapon mount behind my RDS along with a laser/illuminator. Seems like best of both worlds to me along with getting more bang for your buck over goggles. ???
If you don’t wanna wait, check out Steele Industries. They have a “Nightfighter” kit with a decent 14, with all the basic starter stuff around $3k. Less than 3 week lead time. Good guys there.

Check out CoreVision, NightCrawler Tech, Goonin Gear and Kosher Surplus. They all have in stock ready to ship as well. If you don’t wanna wait.

I’m sorry @Spas-12 Owner ....

40370EDA-2B15-4DAC-9B8A-FDCB7608EC3D.jpeg

You can only see IR illuminators and lasers if you’re actively looking through a night vision unit yourself.

If I’m reading what you’re saying correctly.. you were under the impression you can see the IR with your naked eye?
Not under impression, I can actually see the light. From trail cams,. To 3k night vision setups.

I can even see the light from the laser detectors that the police use to check your speed. That is supposed to be IR and I see them instantly as well

Ok so this wasn't a topic about me being superman and able to see into the future. It was a serious question. My friend bought a badass expensive night vision setup. He walked across the yard and I can see the little red light on the IR. I'm wondering to myself why someone would spend all that money on something that gave away their position. Everyone thinks they can see everything but no one can see them. I've done a little research and some people can see out of the spectrum a little bit. I'm also wondering if the lower wavelength of some of the illuminators have something to do with it.
My other question is can no one else see this?

Back
Top Bottom