• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

Okay, okay, I'll do it!
You don't have to twist my arm like that!

3781A1F5-CE2C-4D08-B0D3-0B5507DF95FA.jpeg

Close, but look at the huge, long-ramp front sight. I don't think RG had anything like that.

Also, this one's got a bulge, a raised area, on the back upper corner of the frame underneath the rear sight.

I don't think RG revolvers had any thickened or reinforced area of the frame back there.

You're on the right track about it being a cheap Saturday Night Special made with potmetal !

Close, but look at the huge, long-ramp front sight. I don't think RG had anything like that.

Also, this one's got a bulge, a raised area, on the back upper corner of the frame underneath the rear sight.

I don't think RG revolvers had any thickened or reinforced area of the frame back there.

You're on the right track about it being a cheap Saturday Night Special made with potmetal !
It's a general precision model 71 in .22 short made in bohemia, New York. I never heard of this make of Saturday night special.

Well, I'll give you credit for it because it looks like there are A FEW identical models produced under three different names!

The two I showed pics of are the I.M.P. brand. Imperial Metal Products of Kingston, North Carolina.

Other I.M.P. junk revolvers that look like RG's were made / assembled in the company's other facility in New York, NY.

Probably all these guns and others were made using imported parts from RG of West Germany, assembled into American made pot metal frames, after the complete RG guns could not be imported anymore due to GCA '68.

GENERAL PRECISION
179D7A7E-C9FE-48E5-8C2C-8144634F1C87.jpeg

Imperial Metal Products
C3425438-C227-4EBE-B189-CA3BF296464A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom