• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

Mendoza C-1934 - Mexican produced machine gun was based off the 1918 BAR but simplified and chambered in 7x57 Mauser.

Yes. The Mexican offshoot of the BAR, but with the 20-round box magazine coming from the top, & offset at an angle so you could still see the gun's sights.

Chambered in 7 x 57 Mauser because that had been the Mexicans' standard infantry rifle round since they adopted the Mauser bolt action rifle in the 1890's.

You got it, so now
F71CE2BD-FFC4-447B-94EC-3E4740BA0D9C.jpeg

Yugo.

I give up. Spent two hours over the last two days studying pictures of rimfire double action revolvers with swing-out cylinders, with and without ribbed barrels.
I've got nothing --as a factory standard gun.

Alternative idea:

The gun started out as a Spanish made copy of a Colt 'police practice' or 'official police target' model rimfire revolver which was then fitted with an aftermarket vent rib sighting system such as the King Gunsight Co's "King Super" vent rib and sight set.

Or, more likely the Spanish manufacturer copied the King vent rib sighting system just like they copied the Colt revolver itself and released that product already combined on the gun.

Basically, I'm saying it's a Spanish made copy of this genuine Colt:
80B0D310-2A73-47C4-831B-D46D2194CCA5.jpeg

I give up. Spent two hours over the last two days studying pictures of rimfire double action revolvers with swing-out cylinders, with and without ribbed barrels.
I've got nothing --as a factory standard gun.

Alternative idea:

The gun started out as a Spanish made copy of a Colt 'police practice' or 'official police target' model rimfire revolver which was then fitted with an aftermarket vent rib sighting system such as the King Gunsight Co's "King Super" vent rib and sight set.

Or, more likely the Spanish manufacturer copied the King vent rib sighting system just like they copied the Colt revolver itself and released that product already combined on the gun.

Basically, I'm saying it's a Spanish made copy of this genuine Colt:
View attachment 3725672
It's a Squires Bingham(Armscor/RIA) M-100 .22 revolver made in the Phillipines. I believe these were made in the 70's or 80's, but don't quote me on it. I just know they are no longer produced. I believe a saw an ODT ad not long ago for one for sale.

41 Rimfire, short.

The "M" stamp on one of these indicates it was made special-order for a New York City-based antique arms dealer named Medicus, although they were actually produced by Remington-UMC in the late 1940s -early 1950's. At that time, this cartridge was almost obsolete, long out of production, and getting very difficult to find.

(I guess it's easier to sell antique guns if you can offer at least one box of ammo to go with it.)

Back
Top Bottom