• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

It's the Rac-Em-Bac Bow-Mag bullet tip. It's an arrow tip for archery where a .38 special/.357 round is inserted and the firing pin is screwed into the arrow shaft and tip. Upon the arrow striking the target, the firing pin hits the primer to give the arrow more knockdown. Pretty cool.View attachment 3713807
Yes, the Bow Mag, an exploding arrowhead using a real revolver cartridge.

Apparently they are not easily detonated when striking meat or tissue, but hitting sheet metal or plywood sets them off reliably.

26959301-7E50-4DF5-8622-BF30C06BE79B.jpeg

P.S. I wonder if this is considered an AOW ("any other weapon" restricted by the NFA)
because it's a gun that doesn't look like a gun. At first glance it looks like a knife.
ATF has ruled that guns that fire through wallet-holsters that disguise the guns and make them look like a wallets are AOWs.
Cane-guns or walking sticks that incorporate a single-shot pistol into their design are AOW's.

But this knife, with its big stabby blade,
is clearly a deadly weapon anyway,
so does it matter that it's deadlier than people would think when they first see one?
I really doan no.
I'm just thinking out loud.

P.S. I wonder if this is considered an AOW ("any other weapon" restricted by the NFA)
because it's a gun that doesn't look like a gun. At first glance it looks like a knife.
ATF has ruled that guns that fire through wallet-holsters that disguise the guns and make them look like a wallets are AOWs.
Cane-guns or walking sticks that incorporate a single-shot pistol into their design are AOW's.

But this knife, with its big stabby blade,
is clearly a deadly weapon anyway,
so does it matter that it's deadlier than people would think when they first see one?
I really doan no.
I'm just thinking out loud.
As far as this gun goes, I didn't find anything saying it was categorized as an AOW, however it may we'll have been. A clue about this gun was it's from the 80's to early 90's and was made for dispatching wounded game and could double as a field dressing knife.

Back
Top Bottom