• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legion

Any of you Facebook'ers out there have any pertinent info on Legion yet? Round count, etc. Kind of feel in the dark on this one so far but maybe that's the point.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

From Matt's Aug 17 post on book of faces ....

ROUND COUNT: Anyone who has shot Legion before knows this can be complicated as you have a few different options. Let's start with simple: If you shoot every target as I intend (and how I plan to shoot it), you will need to make:

5k: 56 rifle hits & 30 pistol hits
10k: 69 rifle hits & 50 pistol hits

If you've never done this before, I highly suggest carrying around TWICE that number to leave room for misses and problems. If you've done this before - you're on your own to decide how much you need!

Any rifle targets could theoretically be neutralized with pistol (if your rifle goes down, for example), but it will take 5 pistol hits to neutralize a torso target that would only take 3 rifle hits to neutralize. And you may need extra handgun ammo elsewhere if things go badly for you. So a little extra handgun ammo is never a bad idea. Pistol targets can NOT be engaged with rifle for safety reasons - sorry.

Tier One guys can carry whatever weapons they want in that giant pack, just keep in mind pistol targets need pistol rounds and rifle targets need rifle rounds. You can use a shotgun to engage steel pistol targets as well, but you must use nothing bigger than birdshot.
The other day he said he had slots open for the 5K available. I looked on Practiscore and there were 5 slots at 7AM today (sat).

From Aug 20 ...

Bring everything you need to be totally self-sufficient for a very long and exhausting day. I'm working on a "hose off" option, but don't count on it to be safe. This place is in the middle of nowhere, so if you need something from Walmart you're looking at a 30 minute drive each way.

Schedule will be as follows:
0630-0730: Sign waiver & pay match fee
0730: Opening ceremonies & shooter's meeting
0800: First runner is sent out. Another runner is sent out every 7 minutes until we're done.

There will be a side stage on the 1,000 yd line involving a Barrett M22 suppressed rifle chambered in 300 Norma Mag that you should most definitely shoot while you wait for your run time (or after you finish). Bring cash for this stage and other opportunities to donate to SFA.

After the last runner comes in I'll take 45 minutes or so to tabulate and check the scores, then we'll have an awards ceremony. If history is a guide we'll be done somewhere around 8:00pm. But that could vary ±2 hours depending completely on how fast people run and how many pile-ups we have at stages.

Dead Zero has lots of cool stuff to do while you wait that will all be open to the public: a 100-1,000 yd covered rifle range with electronic targets, two beautiful Sporting Clays Courses, 5-stand, Trap, Skeet, many different gun rentals and a great Pro Shop, and more. There's even an IDPA match going on Saturday in the pistol bays if you get a late run time. I highly encourage you to take advantage of any and all of these to give these folks some income, as they are donating 100% of their facilities for us to use for this match and making ZERO off of us. Definitely call them before you just show up and expect to walk on any of these courses as they stay pretty busy - but it's all there for you to try if you want.

After you finish your run you are welcome to wander the course to help things move along faster, encourage the runners, or enjoy the scenery. Keep in mind this is supposed to be shot as a BLIND COURSE, so please don't wander at all before your run, or share any secrets with runners who are behind you in the line-up.

Back
Top Bottom