• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

legality of shooting down of drones?

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
189   0
Reaction score
Hypothetical question. No, I don't ever expect to have to shoot one down but I 'm wondering. The instances I've read always seem to happen in a neighborhood, a city that has a weapon ordinance or some other factor that makes the shooter the perp and the drone flyer the victim. The questions is, if you own a large tract of property in the county that has no discharging of weapons ordinance, the closest neighbour is hundreds of yards away. What would be the law of taking down a drone that was flying over your house? Seems laws that protect people from peeping Tom's would take precedence over the damaging of someone's property. If the owner of the drone then shows up wanting his drone, seems like you could tell him or her to go pound sand and get off your property. weigh-ins?

I think they make Co2 powered “net guns” that you shoot at a drone and catch it so you’re not discharging an actual firearm in an area where it’s illegal.

You might be charged with stealing someone’s drone though.

Hypothetical question. No, I don't ever expect to have to shoot one down but I 'm wondering. The instances I've read always seem to happen in a neighborhood, a city that has a weapon ordinance or some other factor that makes the shooter the perp and the drone flyer the victim. The questions is, if you own a large tract of property in the county that has no discharging of weapons ordinance, the closest neighbour is hundreds of yards away. What would be the law of taking down a drone that was flying over your house? Seems laws that protect people from peeping Tom's would take precedence over the damaging of someone's property. If the owner of the drone then shows up wanting his drone, seems like you could tell him or her to go pound sand and get off your property. weigh-ins?
Can you arbitrarily shoot down aircraft that fly overhead?

Back
Top Bottom