• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal immigrant

Jackspack

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Addicted to the Shindig
866   0
Reaction score
I have a good friend coming to the states. He will be here on a work visa. My understanding is he can buy a weapon- but he needs to take a hunnters safety course? Any insight to this?

I overheard someone at the gun store tell a Chinese immigrant all he needs is a valid state driver's license for a rifle. I'm unsure about hand guns, they are a little different

Hunter safety course? I've only heard of this in New york
Well...you know NY has hunting, right? Even in NYC or wherever? Just an upstanding work visa guy that needs a gun so he can "go hunting," right?

We have enough 'laws,' tens of thousands of them about this and that meant to curtail American Citizens' rights according to the Second Amendment. I see no value added for the American Citizen under the Second Amendment that allows special exemptions for a foreign work visa holder. Here, supposedly, to work....

Have him go to the dealer where he will buy the gun. Have him do whatever the dealer wants.

It doesn't matter what the regs say, the dealer is who has to be happy, esp with SloJoe going after the FFLs to stem "gun violence".
Indeed. If I were in that dealer's place I sure wouldn't do the deal.

Back
Top Bottom