• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Leg swelling.

murphranch

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
I'm 51 years old and had a knee replacement 2 years ago. About 2 months ago my left leg-the one with the replacement started to swell. Nothing too bad and swelling would go away overnight. Now recently it has swelled to the point I can't get my boot on and my pant leg is tight. Anyone have this problem post replacement surgery?
341db7f22a35bfcb70fedb0552d085e5.jpg
155fc19f2f0781be4c544573c4153223.jpg
9ea87ced9212c490ed9965f3c9bcf845.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

My father in laws legs/feet were swollen so badly he had to wear sweat pants and slippers. They were also as hard as a rock.

Ill ask my wife what his exact causes were just to put something out there for you but i would go see a doctor and get a medical opinion

These guys are correct on this, could be a clot, looks like blood circulation problems. I had a friend that this happened to and he eventually had a stroke and 3 months later he died. I had a knee replacement 2 years ago this November 27th and mine has been good. Don't waste time get to your surgeon as the other guys said asap.

As someone who has had numerous bouts with superficial thrombophlebitis and a DVT, I can say to, 1. Get it checked out immediately, and 2. Stop wearing socks that leave an indentation in your legs. (That’s those rings around your calves.) This goes for everyone. If they put you on blood thinner, ask your doctor if you can take Xarelto or Eliquis. They are great at keeping clots from moving, they don’t require constant blood monitoring, can also be used to prevent a stroke with afib, and have few side effects. Xarelto is 1x day vs Eliquis is 2x a day.

get to the ER first, or a Doc in a box, in case it is a clot, that could kill ya
then get some compression hose and wear every day on that leg, amazon has em at good prices.

Back
Top Bottom