• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LED Flashlights

SouthernSlammed

Default rank 5000+ posts
Gingerbeard Operator
92   0
Reaction score
Went hunting for a new bulb for my 3D Maglite at Lowes the other night. To my surprise, I wasn't finding any regular bulbs where they had the flashlights at. However, I did find a Nite Ize LED upgrade.
flashlight upgrade.jpg
I was hesitant in spending the $13 dollars for the bulb, but did anyways. I have to say that I am very pleased with it, and the fact of not spending the money for a new LED Maglite. Took it out on the lake when I went fishing and was able to see clearly 150-200' if not better than that.
Thought I would share if you have a regular old Maglite that could use a little pick-me-up!

Last edited:
Flashlight technology has gone crazy over the last 10 years. LEDs can really throw some light.

I just haven't gotten into the ones that require the rechargeable batteries.

Flashlights for me are a lot like knives. If I gave it the time I could REALLY go off the deep end...

Went hunting for a new bulb for my 3D Maglite at Lowes the other night. To my surprise, I wasn't finding any regular bulbs where they had the flashlights at. However, I did find a Nite Ize LED upgrade.
View attachment 299178
I was hesitant in spending the $13 dollars for the bulb, but did anyways. I have to say that I am very pleased with it, and the fact of not spending the money for a new LED Maglite. Took it out on the lake when I went fishing and was able to see clearly 150-200' if not better than that.
Thought I would share if you have a regular old Maglite that could use a little pick-me-up!

I hear ya. I went with the TerraLUX upgrade for my 3 D Cell Maglite. I didn't realize how dim and yellow the original bulb was until I replaced it. The difference was like night and day (pardon the pun).

View attachment 299178

oh nice!! ima have to pick that up for mine. I have been looking at getting one of the LED maglights to replace my 3 cell, but this semms wayyy cheaper lol!!

That's cool.

You can do the same thing to many lights on your vehicles and home lighting as well.

Very low energy, no heat issues.

I upgraded almost every fixture in my home with led's and have saved a lot of money on energy bills.

Flashlight technology has gone crazy over the last 10 years. LEDs can really throw some light.

I just haven't gotten into the ones that require the rechargeable batteries.

Flashlights for me are a lot like knives. If I gave it the time I could REALLY go off the deep end...

You really can. I dropped $80 bucks on a 18650 light that can run as dim as 30 lumens or as high as 700+ but it's only 2 inches taller than a normal wallet.

Little off subject but I have had this for 2 years now and it has been great. Paid like 10 bucks stays charged good I just keep it on my dash. Or just sitting in the sun at camp also low light will charge it.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_14_dfa34f21c42ad645b140d5509a898b2f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom