• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lead exposure from game meat

If you are using lead salts, you might have a problem.

Elemental lead or alloys are not a problem.

Steel shot will break teeth way more often than biting down on lead.

Folks that get shot often carry a bullet with them in their bodies for years because more damage would be done trying to remove it. They do not develop lead poisoning.
My dad carried around a bunch of lead in his body courtesy of the NK/Chinese commies until the day he died...and no it wasn't from lead poisoning.

I have been reloading for over 35 years using lead bullets. I have been casting my own bullets for over 30 years. I think that I would have been diagnosed with lead poisoning and be dead by now if it ware that dangerous. Most people that write these articles are after the weak minded and try to manipulate them to get attention.

Find something serious to worry about. This isn't one.

I have been reloading for over 35 years using lead bullets. I have been casting m own bullets for over 30 years. I think that I would have been diagnosed with lead poisoning and be dead by now if it ware that dangerous. Most people that write these articles are after the weak minded and try to manipulate them to get attention.

Find something serious to worry about. This isn't one.
Nanny staters:fear:.

My dad carried around a bunch of lead in his body courtesy of the NK/Chinese commies until the day he died...and no it wasn't lead poisoning.
. This is my left shoulder. It now has the top of my right pelvic bone in it instead of a scapula. Lead poisoning from a 9mm. Still see stars in the xrays. I ain’t ded from it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 11
Just use some of the new improved plastic pellets.....oh wait, not good for the environment.
Ok, how about some wood pellets? There ya go ! Wooden ammo...bio-degradable, easy on the teefs, wont mess with your body (Washington had wooden dentures supposedly) !
Be the first ! Matter of fact, patent it !

Do you worry about eating fish since there was a lead sinker on the line. Jig heads are lead and how many times did you bite a split shot to get it tight on the line when you were a kid and didn't have pliers?
Muh nickname always been "split-shot" but I never thunk why 'til now.

Back
Top Bottom