• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Larue Rifles

Troy Brown

Space Force Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
One of my friends recently had a relative pass away, and he inherited a few firearms from the family division of his property.
Some of them are Larue rifles. He asked me if I knew anything about them, and I had to respond with a "no". I only know a little about revolvers and regular hunting rifles, but know very little about these high end builds.
But knowing you guys here, and watching some of y'alls posts over the years, I figured someone here would know something about them.
One in particular that stands out is a Larue build with a Leupold LCO / D-evo mounted on it.
This rifles does not have much on it other than the name, Multi Cal, MK1, and a Spade emblem on it.

Another one is a Larue Tactical Model LT-15, with a Burris Mount and Burris Scope attached, but as with the other, not one other spec like caliber or anything.

Have you guys had any experience with these?
And just FYI, he is up for selling them, but not knowing what they are and definitely worth, he isn't ready to cross that bridge yet until he gets some knowledge of what he has.

Thanks gang - T

Attachments

• 2 - Larue - Spade - Leupold.JPG
    2 - Larue - Spade - Leupold.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 89
  • 3 - Larue Tact.JPG
    3 - Larue Tact.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 89
Larue for long time been making some great stuff. I think they made some Seal Team stuff at one time for very accurate Barrels.

This is one of my favorite AR's made by Larue.
0o9c6l.jpg

Overall, they’re good stuff. Some of their WC was spotty in the past, don’t know if that’s been taken care of.

Texas DPS were issued the LaRue OBR and they had a lot of issues with them, mainly from an accuracy standpoint. Can’t remember how that was handled.

Yes they had a bad run of some, but got quality control back. Lots of other even bigger names you would have expected perfection from have also had their share of problems. It happens.

I think there quality is decent and their reputation is greater than they actually are. I would check out their website to get some more information.

I would NOT suggest calling them, their customer service is horrible! They are definitely of the mind set that you should be grateful they sold you something and if they have time or feel like it, they may answer your question.

Good luck.

Yes they had a bad run of some, but got quality control back. Lots of other even bigger names you would have expected perfection from have also had their share of problems. It happens.

I don’t expect perfection from any company that isn’t hand-making their product, one at a time, 100% in-house.

On the Texas DPS guns, LaRue blamed the barrels at first. Once they got new barrels, the issue continued. Blame was then shifted to the Bushnell scopes.

That issue is what drove Mark LaRue to start making his own barrels.

Yes I am aware of it.

I am No Larue Fan Boy. I have never had anything Larue at all. But........ look at other Big names that had issues. Like I said, it happens.

Well, back to my original post, I have done some research, but I have not been too successful still trying to identify them. They are so carefully un-marked, they both seem as if the builder went all the way to keep them from being identifiable.
The larue website just doesn't offer any specific details on past firearms, just what they are pimping at the moment is all.
We did however determine that they are either 5.56 or 223.
I know you can fire 223 through 5.56, but not 5.56 through a 223. so we are still not 100%.
I think I am going to just have to load them up and take them somewhere to get more details on them.
Any suggestions?
And that Spade logo on them is also making us lean toward being the logo of a builder I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom