• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Largemouth replica mount

I'm a fan of catch and release but slot limits are a thing for a reason. If it's a managed lake then following the limits is what they want you to do. Some of the big ones have to go to make room for the next gen.

Anyway, awesome catch, OP. The mount looks really nice.

Hey Zesty, thanks for your input. It's not a public managed lake, it's private. Very few get access to this 90 acre lake. The angler in question and his family are no longer allowed. The owner found out about the catch and removal and is beyond livid. They pride themselves on the monster bass that are caught there. Come to find out he doesn't allow anything to be removed over 2 1/2 lbs. I personally didn't know that at the time. I was allowed privileges as a trade off for some work I did for the owner for free. Upon my asking to fish the lake, I made it clear I don't keep fresh water bass any size. In the one year I've been fishing it I've caught 15 bass over 5 lbs 9 bass over 6 lbs 2 bass over 7 lbs and have no idea on the 3 and 4 lbers I've boated. I guess my point being is I think they know how to manage their lake. The biggest bass caught and released was 16.2 lbs. I didn't see the fish but have seen photos. So to each his own, but I can still fish the lake anytime I want to. Tight lines to you...

Hey Zesty, thanks for your input. It's not a public managed lake, it's private. Very few get access to this 90 acre lake. The angler in question and his family are no longer allowed. The owner found out about the catch and removal and is beyond livid. They pride themselves on the monster bass that are caught there. Come to find out he doesn't allow anything to be removed over 2 1/2 lbs. I personally didn't know that at the time. I was allowed privileges as a trade off for some work I did for the owner for free. Upon my asking to fish the lake, I made it clear I don't keep fresh water bass any size. In the one year I've been fishing it I've caught 15 bass over 5 lbs 9 bass over 6 lbs 2 bass over 7 lbs and have no idea on the 3 and 4 lbers I've boated. I guess my point being is I think they know how to manage their lake. The biggest bass caught and released was 16.2 lbs. I didn't see the fish but have seen photos. So to each his own, but I can still fish the lake anytime I want to. Tight lines to you...

Very cool, man. Sounds awesome. Definitely a well managed lake. And for that other guy, he wasn't following the limit set by the owner. Doesn't matter if the lake is public or private, follow the rules. That's definitely a huge problem.

My point was just that criticizing everyone that doesn't catch and release may not be appropriate. It's fine to catch and release on a lake with a slot limit, but it's also fine (actually desired) to pull big ones out of a slot limit lake.

Very cool, man. Sounds awesome. Definitely a well managed lake. And for that other guy, he wasn't following the limit set by the owner. Doesn't matter if the lake is public or private, follow the rules. That's definitely a huge problem.

My point was just that "criticizing everyone that doesn't catch and release may not be appropriate." It's fine to catch and release on a lake with a slot limit, but it's also fine (actually desired) to pull big ones out of a slot limit lake.

OK I'm not sure your point applies to me. You took something out of context somewhere and accused me of "criticizing everyone that doesn't catch and release." I merely pointed out the fact the man caught and removed a 9-10 lbs bass and quickly followed that up with, " his catch, his decision." The fact that I don't keep any bass is strictly a "personal" decision. I hope that clears things up for you. If it doesn't, I yield to your next comment because I don't believe I'll win this conversation. I hope I haven't offended anyone. Good day and good fishing to all. JT

OK I'm not sure your point applies to me. You took something out of context somewhere and accused me of "criticizing everyone that doesn't catch and release." I merely pointed out the fact the man caught and removed a 9-10 lbs bass and quickly followed that up with, " his catch, his decision." The fact that I don't keep any bass is strictly a "personal" decision. I hope that clears things up for you. If it doesn't, I yield to your next comment because I don't believe I'll win this conversation. I hope I haven't offended anyone. Good day and good fishing to all. JT
No winner/loser, just a conversation. No offense meant from me either. Maybe I was a little confused about your first statement but it sounds like you're a solid fisherman/human. Good day to you too. :thumb:

Cheers to you Sir for catch and release!!! Had a local guy catch one in the 9-10 lbs range here in South Georgia this week and took it home with him. His catch his decision, but I told him his kids nor Grand-kids would ever get a chance to catch it.
To each his own i guess, for me brood fish are going back. Especially on a public lake like that one came from.

Back
Top Bottom