• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Landlord-Tenant

The theme I've always noticed with slumlords who get into trouble in these situations is the usual. They talk more they need to and THEN the case is built. Lock the kid out. Shut your mouth if cops are called or dont even answer the door or dont even be in the area. it ends there.
Unless it doesn't end there...

Never heard of free LEGAL AID?
You think because a resource exists that it's given out willy nilly? A lot of you critics don't seem to read everything I write. You read enough to get incensed and then immediately respond like leftists. THE CONTEXT OP GAVE HE HAS STATED GRANDSON IS A USELESS PITA. Kid is unlikely to jump through the hoops for that "free legal aid" and furthermore the case is extraordinarily weak on BOTH sides. no lawyer worth a damn is going to take this case because there's ZERO paper trail.

You think because a resource exists that it's given out willy nilly? A lot of you critics don't seem to read everything I write. You read enough to get incensed and then immediately respond like leftists. THE CONTEXT OP GAVE HE HAS STATED GRANDSON IS A USELESS PITA. Kid is unlikely to jump through the hoops for that "free legal aid" and furthermore the case is extraordinarily weak on BOTH sides. no lawyer worth a damn is going to take this case because there's ZERO pap

You think because a resource exists that it's given out willy nilly? A lot of you critics don't seem to read everything I write. You read enough to get incensed and then immediately respond like leftists. THE CONTEXT OP GAVE HE HAS STATED GRANDSON IS A USELESS PITA. Kid is unlikely to jump through the hoops for that "free legal aid" and furthermore the case is extraordinarily weak on BOTH sides. no lawyer worth a damn is going to take this case because there's ZERO paper trail.
You LEO? Work Legal Aid? Have lots of real estate eviction cases tried? You just seem so happy to tell people that they are wrong, especially when they are not wrong! You have no idea who it is you are communicating with, nor what their knowledge and experience might be...
Sure, you can say what you like, no problem... but maybe ask yourself why you are saying anything at all before you say something. Ask yourself what soundly qualifies you to advise someone that is looking for a bit of direction with a problem. What qualifies you to say that other people are wrong, assuming some kind of authority of knowledge.
I always say what I like as well, but I do make damn sure that I am 100% correct when I politely explain why someone is in error...

You LEO? Work Legal Aid? Have lots of real estate eviction cases tried? You just seem so happy to tell people that they are wrong, especially when they are not wrong! You have no idea who it is you are communicating with, nor what their knowledge and experience might be...
Sure, you can say what you like, no problem... but maybe ask yourself why you are saying anything at all before you say something. Ask yourself what soundly qualifies you to advise someone that is looking for a bit of direction with a problem. What qualifies you to say that other people are wrong, assuming some kind of authority of knowledge.
I always say what I like as well, but I do make damn sure that I am 100% correct when I politely explain why someone is in error...
Another emotional guy who responds with emotion and didnt read any of my posts fully before going on a tirade. Politeness is worthless when its attached to someone who can't even fully read. You are using liberal rhetoric. Do you feel at home in elementary school where they practice "boohoo if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all" ? Because you sure wrote a lot without saying anythjng at all.

Been there with renting a room to a friend. He quickly became not a friend when he was 3 months behind on rent and was constantly late before that. Not to mention he was a messy loud nuisance and mooch. We even discovered weed hidden in our garage. We knew we couldn't just boot him out because he absolutely would have been the person to take it to court. So we did it the legal way and let me tell you, it is like walking on egg shells living with some one during the process of an eviction. Thank goodness we got him gone before covid. He owes us $1025 and I'll never see it. I did get a little revenge though. He never got around to changing his address so every court summons from his divorce, collections notice, and stimulus check went right in the trash.

OP - take whatever advice you want. its all optional at the end of the day. The fact you're on here asking already tells me you are afraid of taking decisive action or you're looking for an answer that ultimately somehow changes who your grandson is. You can be decisive and do what I and a couple others have suggested or you can do what many of the people who are afraid of all confrontation suggest and spend hundreds possibly thousands going through the court process to ultimately achieve the same result as a $150 set of door locks.

I'm giving you the advice based on what you've described the situation. Not using personal failed anecdotes or assumed foolishness about the law. If hes a 19 year old burnout hes not likely to pursue this mattee in court. but only you know who the kid is. Glws
Let me decipher what was posted here by Butch,,,"I have given you interwebs tuff guy advice based on zero knowledge and personal experience, but based solely on me being a cyber bad azz. Ignore those pansys that have personal experience with this issue and have actually been ther, done that. Do what I say based on my little man syndrome and feel like a real tuff guy at the end of the day. I am Butch, hear me roar!!"

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom