• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Landlord-Tenant

The theme I've always noticed with slumlords who get into trouble in these situations is the usual. They talk more they need to and THEN the case is built. Lock the kid out. Shut your mouth if cops are called or dont even answer the door or dont even be in the area. it ends there.

You must have ran your flaps when LEO showed up or you did something stupid that opened you up. Leaving **** on the curb is not burglary. Also, just because you got sued doesnt mean this jobless kid has the means or even will to pursue the same. Ridiculous.
And again...you couldnt be more wrong. Just another innerwebs tough guy....carry on Butch

The bland nonsense needs to stop. I've worked LEO for nearly 8 years and have never even heard of that bs. eviction disputes have 100% been civil matters the only exception is if it becomes violent or domestic. Someone kicking someone else out via lockout is not something LEO has any jurisdiction because its literally impossible to tell whos right and whos wrong or any context. It could be a landlord illegally evicting a longtime tenant or a guy who's kicking a buddy out who crashed on the couch for less tham 14 days. Theres no way to prove any of that on the spot even with mail addressed to the house. That's why its upto the court to decide. LEOs can *try* to pressure the person to let the other back in but ultimately theres no enforceable way to dl that outside of a court order.

dude you're 100% wrong. been down this road on his exact side. cops specifically said to not touch their stuff or this exact thing would happen.

dude you're 100% wrong. been down this road on his exact side. cops specifically said to not touch their stuff or this exact thing would happen.
You asked cops for permission? Lol. And then taking it for facts

OP - take whatever advice you want. its all optional at the end of the day. The fact you're on here asking already tells me you are afraid of taking decisive action or you're looking for an answer that ultimately somehow changes who your grandson is. You can be decisive and do what I and a couple others have suggested or you can do what many of the people who are afraid of all confrontation suggest and spend hundreds possibly thousands going through the court process to ultimately achieve the same result as a $150 set of door locks.

I'm giving you the advice based on what you've described the situation. Not using personal failed anecdotes or assumed foolishness about the law. If hes a 19 year old burnout hes not likely to pursue this mattee in court. but only you know who the kid is. Glws

Back
Top Bottom