• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Landlord-Tenant

I was thinking of that too but my beautiful wife of 40 years died 7 weeks ago and Ive decided to sell the house and go to something smaller.
That's even better. Ask what the requirements are to give legal notice of the impending sale and dispossessing himself from it....

I was thinking of that too but my beautiful wife of 40 years died 7 weeks ago and Ive decided to sell the house and go to something smaller.
Dang…i was thinking about asking if you wanted a tenant to take his place…. $60 every two weeks ??!!?? I will give you 6 mos rent in advance ! And i will keep my room clean :becky:

Dang…i was thinking about asking if you wanted a tenant to take his place…. $60 every two weeks ??!!?? I will give you 6 mos rent in advance ! And i will keep my room clean :becky:
I know!,, I was paying that much + 50 years ago to my parents and $60 would actually buy something back then.

I swear people here in this community just makes dumb **** harder then it needs to be. You clearly stated your grandson is a bum. Throw his **** out, change the locks and be done with it. He has zero means for recourse and this is a civil matter which means nothing will happen after that. The end.

Also the comment of you being arrested for possible burglary charges because you put your grandsons stuff in a curb is laughable and just highlights how they've never worked in a law enforcement capacity ever.

This just got spicy
The bland nonsense needs to stop. I've worked LEO for nearly 8 years and have never even heard of that bs. eviction disputes have 100% been civil matters the only exception is if it becomes violent or domestic. Someone kicking someone else out via lockout is not something LEO has any jurisdiction because its literally impossible to tell whos right and whos wrong or any context. It could be a landlord illegally evicting a longtime tenant or a guy who's kicking a buddy out who crashed on the couch for less tham 14 days. Theres no way to prove any of that on the spot even with mail addressed to the house. That's why its upto the court to decide. LEOs can *try* to pressure the person to let the other back in but ultimately theres no enforceable way to dl that outside of a court order.

I swear people here in this community just makes dumb **** harder then it needs to be. You clearly stated your grandson is a bum. Throw his **** out, change the locks and be done with it. He has zero means for recourse and this is a civil matter which means nothing will happen after that. The end.
Youy couldnt be more wrong.
Kid has established legal residence. In this case if OP does as you advise and cops are called...OP is the one in legal trouble. Ask me how I know....

Youy couldnt be more wrong.
Kid has established legal residence. In this case if OP does as you advise and cops are called...OP is the one in legal trouble. Ask me how I know....
You must have ran your flaps when LEO showed up or you did something stupid that opened you up. Leaving **** on the curb is not burglary. Also, just because you got sued doesnt mean this jobless kid has the means or even will to pursue the same. Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom