• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metro Atlanta  Land on which to hunt.

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to Georgia and am really getting the itch to do some hunting. I have hunted all of my life and just don't know anyone in the area. Ideally I am looking for a place to squirrel hunt in the fall, and maybe spring turkey hunt. Deer hunting would be a huge bonus, but if hunting in Georgia is anything like in Nebraska, I'm sure it would be tough to find land during deer season. I am in Atlanta and would be willing to drive an hour or so. I am courteous, and respectful of property. I can pay for access to land, I just can't afford a large amount. I also don't mind helping to make improvements ie. food plots, etc. I always leave a property in better condition than I found it.

PM me with details.

Thanks

Going door to door is the last thing on my mind the owners find it hard to trust hunters !! :D but yes hunters who're respectful of the properties shouldn't face problem getting a nod. Good luck!!

Look at public land. I have been a member of several clubs and I now hunt Oconee National Forest. There is much less pressure than there used to be. Sure, you'll run into another hunter occasionally and you do not want to leave your stand on a tree, but the hunting is good. There has been more pressure on the last few clubs I've been a member of than on Forest land. I took five deer in one morning this year on public land. I was happy to fill the freezer for the year in about four hours. If you are willing to walk 1/4 mile you'll get away from 80% of the other hunters and if your willing to walk a 1/2 mile you'll get away from 95%. The only problem is travel. I live about an hour and a half from where I hunt, so I am looking for a club that is close to me for some short morning hunting when I can slip away for a couple of hours. Even if I find this, I will probably still head for the "Big Woods" for longer hunts.

Try the big woods (public land) first. I think you'll be surpised at the quality of the land and lack of interference between other hunters. Best part is its free! I'm still new to hunting and don't see the point in paying for a club when I know there are good deer on public land to hunt. I'd rather spend $400-1000 on other things besides a year pass on hunting land. I'm sure when I get to the point where I wanna take a big buck that is of trophy quality then I may have to look at some kind of membership to hunt but until then, free public land works for me.

Look at nc mountain land for sale. I have been a member of several clubs and I now hunt Oconee National Forest. There is much less pressure than there used to be. Sure, you'll run into another hunter occasionally and you do not want to leave your stand on a tree, but the hunting is good. There has been more pressure on the last few clubs I've been a member of than on Forest land. I took five deer in one morning this year on public land. I was happy to fill the freezer for the year in about four hours. If you are willing to walk 1/4 mile you'll get away from 80% of the other hunters and if your willing to walk a 1/2 mile you'll get away from 95%. The only problem is travel. I live about an hour and a half from where I hunt, so I am looking for a club that is close to me for some short morning hunting when I can slip away for a couple of hours. Even if I find this, I will probably still head for the "Big Woods" for longer hunts.

goos advice but GA and SC are still very cheap as well

Back
Top Bottom