• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lake Allatoona charter trip - fishing license question

Glockspeed31

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Heading to Lake Allatoona next Sunday for a 1/2 day charter with my dad and my 2 boys, paid for by my father's wife.
She told me that we did not need a Ga Fishing licenses as the charter boat had it covered. This to me doesn't sound correct as I looked at 2 different charter companies that run on that lake, both saying must have license.
I have asked her for the charter company name to verify, but she isn't near her info to give to me.

I know that when you charter off-shore, the boat and passengers are covered, but how about fresh water charters?
Sorry for the long post to ask a question, just want to make sure I explained my situation.

I would say you need one, just like now you need a salt water fishing licence. The difference is one you pay and the other is free.

I have taken my boys out with a guide on Lanier a few times and yes anyone over 16 is required to have a Ga fishing license. Good luck and have fun. With that many in the boat if you get on them it can get crazy in the boat. Let us know how it goes

Yeah, don't risk it. It's highly unlikely a freshwater guide is going to take care of getting you and your party a freshwater license.

Also, there was news of a fake GA license site earlier this year. Make sure you go to the real online site for Georgia DNR's Wildlife Resources Division: https://www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com/
The guide doesn`t have your info to get you a license. You gotta have a license.

Charter captains may or may not choose to purchase an annual license that covers all of their clients. For this reason, anglers booking a charter should inquire whether they will need a Georgia Fishing license and SIP Permit or if they will be covered under the charter fishing license

Back
Top Bottom