• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Labral tear in hip

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
Im 43. Until last summer I had never had surgery. I have been dealing with pain and attributed much of it to recovery of hernia surgery last summer.
Over the past months I've been just dealing with it. I've had my leg start locking up. Sometimes I would be climbing bleachers and blame it on a muscle. Running to get the ball with my son and it would lock. Getting out of a car or climbing in my truck it would just randomly lock. A few weeks ago I realized I can't cross my right leg.
Today I went to the doctor. Yes amid the corona scare. The doctor told me my leg may have locked down. Doctor ordered an X-ray of my hip. I called the hospital and they are not allowing anyone or anything that is non essential. I called a friend who is an orthopedic pa. Friend asked me questions and told me that they will get me an X-ray but plan for an MRI. Told me more than likely I have a labral tear. This will require surgery. Of course it will be a few weeks before I can do anything.
I asked my friend if this could be carry related. Thankfully he said no. I asked because carry has been painful for quite a while. I was worried that carry could have made it worse. AIWB hurts due to the pressure on inner hip, pocket carry can be uncomfortable due to pressure on my thigh. IWB is actually better because it puts pressure on my hip but becomes uncomfortable after a bit.
I'm just hoping at the end of this journey I can return to being able to carry comfortably.
Has anyone dealt with a labral tear in hip or shoulder?

The wait for corona to pass is probably the worst part at this point. Thankfully I’ve met my high deductible due to hernia repairs earlier in this insurance year. I think this was a lot of my problem then and I just blew it off as hernia and recovery.

I've had tears in both shoulders and my right hip. Right hip had much more damage than just the labrum and was replaced. The shoulder recovery was brutal to say the least about it. Do NOT get behind on the pain and take the nerve block if offered and ask for it if not. Shoulders had other damage as well but it was about a year before I truly felt they were at 100%. YMMV. Hip was fully replaced so I can't comment further on that. Left shoulder at 36, right 41 and hip replacement at 47. Left is messed up again and need to see the ortho doc but dreading the results. PM if you want more details and I highly recommend Dr. Womack at Resurgens. He treats patients in Kennesaw and at St. Joseph's in Dunwoody.

I am taking anti inflammatory meds, stretching and hoping for the best for the time being. I guess years of standing on concrete is taking its toll.

I had a stage 4 shoulder labral tear on the job and surgery in july. The recovery wasnt as bad as it could have been. PT helped immensely. Downside, I have permanent range of motion loss, still have pain everyday(manageable with advil) and cant go back to my normal job, so been riding a desk since Sept.

Back
Top Bottom