• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kroger at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get an updated list of who "we" hate and why? If Kroger's anti gun stance is just asking customers not to carry, I don't consider that anti gun. It's probably an insurance thing. And, personally I believe, while it may be their legal right to do so; not everyone should own and carry a gun.

It isn’t about saving a buck for me. It’s about people dog-piling over low information.

When I buy meats it’s from butcher shops who don’t spew political leaning if any kind. I don’t care if you are left/right/middle/etc, public political statements isn’t something I put up with from a business.

I understand your sentiment about them being anti gun, but can you prove it? Are you one of the people who think YETI is anti gun, because that was an NRA slam campaign, it isn’t actually true.

“Kroger is respectfully asking that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores, other than authorized law enforcement officers,”

Asking us to not open carry (which you shouldn’t anyways) is anti gun?
Or is it them not selling firearms anymore because of the current tax/ proposed legal implications thy have to deal with?

“they are anti gun” is a very pointed yet generic statement. Please explain.
Not only do they prohibit open carry (which you can do if you ******** well please) but there are also signs up prohibiting concealed carry.

And then there's this. This is where you're sending your money:

The company’s Fred Meyers chain caught the attention of Second Amendment supporters in 2018 when it stopped selling firearms and ammunition in its stores. The entire Kroger family of businesses pulled periodicals that feature modern sporting rifles from their shelves later the same year. Last month it went a step further by enacting a no-open-carry policy in its stores, regardless of legality. “Kroger has demonstrated with our actions that we recognize the growing chorus of Americans who are no longer comfortable with the status quo and who are advocating for concrete and common sense gun reforms,” Kroger Group Vice President of Corporate Affairs Jessica Adelman wrote in an announcement e-mailed to CNBC.

I don't know about you,but that's one mother****er i don't want to give my money too.

Not only do they prohibit open carry (which you can do if you ******** well please) but there are also signs up prohibiting concealed carry.

And then there's this. This is where you're sending your money:

The company’s Fred Meyers chain caught the attention of Second Amendment supporters in 2018 when it stopped selling firearms and ammunition in its stores. The entire Kroger family of businesses pulled periodicals that feature modern sporting rifles from their shelves later the same year. Last month it went a step further by enacting a no-open-carry policy in its stores, regardless of legality. “Kroger has demonstrated with our actions that we recognize the growing chorus of Americans who are no longer comfortable with the status quo and who are advocating for concrete and common sense gun reforms,” Kroger Group Vice President of Corporate Affairs Jessica Adelman wrote in an announcement e-mailed to CNBC.

I don't know about you,but that's one mother****er i don't want to give my money too.

Sorry to point out anti 2A companies on a firearms forum.

Cheap steak > Our Constitutional Rights I guess.

You need to be more consistent man. It’s for the kids or something like that.

B51A7217-9AE8-446D-8C19-5148CCD7BAAC.png

Not a bad price. What I do on occasion is to buy a large cut of NY strip or ribeye at Costco and cut my own steaks at home. It's cheaper that way, but you have to spend quite $120+ at one shot. They go into ZipLock bags and into the freezer. I have enough to last quite a while.
I do that but dry age them first whole.

Not a bad price. What I do on occasion is to buy a large cut of NY strip or ribeye at Costco and cut my own steaks at home. It's cheaper that way, but you have to spend quite $120+ at one shot. They go into ZipLock bags and into the freezer. I have enough to last quite a while.

I bought a cheap vacuum sealer and started doing the same thing. If you forget about things in the freezer the vac seal seems to work better than the ziplocs over time. I just fried a bunch of Quail I shot in Nov of 2018 that I found in the back of the freezer and had vac sealed. Looked like they had just been shot and cleaned the day before!

I'm totally consistent. I don't give a **** how much you spend, but I do care if people in the firearms community actively support anti-rights organizations. Get with the program man..this is simple stuff.
The program itself is anti 2a. I always prefer to do business with a not corporate corporation. In the gun world it would be a Noveske or agency arms etc.

I buy produce at stands, I know they probably get it at the same place as the big box store and charge me more for it, but they are people, not conglomerates.
Same as buying meat at a butcher.

When given the option, even when it costs more or it more inconvenient, I go with the smaller person to do business with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom