• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Nope. Ares is pretty much geared toward hard core use and the tactical side of things.

Honestly, Kore might be the way to go if you rotate a few of them based on what your needs are.

I have a leather Kore belt I wear when needed and it's been fine because I only use it every so often. I'm not a style guy and am not required to dress up for work beyond functional clothing so my Ares belt choice was more of a "one super solid belt for most occasions" and a few options for when I do need to look more presentable.

Kore just didn't do well in my EDC environment with a Tier 1 holster and a G19 with spare mag. I carry literally everyday all day long and I'm up and down all day. So the ones I used just didn't hold up. Again, with a few in rotation you might not have the same issues.

Good to know. I won't be wearing my edc belt all day every day and certainly won't be doing blurpee's with it on haha

What about Hanks? I've good things about them. A good deal more expensive but 100% US made if that matters to you and a great warranty

I looked on a bunch of YouTube reviews and I ended up going with a Kore Tactical belt. Thanks for everyone's responses. We'll see how it goes.

I’ve been using a KORE belt daily for about a year now and I really like it. It has held up well and I like all the belt buckle options so it doesn’t have to look like a “tactical” belt. The best part is the adjustability, especially when riding in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Warning - Thread Resurrection]

I have a few of the leather belts, which with my somewhat generous dimensions, do deform, but not as badly as even a quite expensive 'normal belt'.

Recently though, I bought a couple of their 1.75in Garrison Nylon Web belts which aren't dressy, are really working well for me. They're really stiff and don't deform at all. I don't carry often, but they've held up fine carrying a full size metal pistol (CZ 75 SP01) at 4 o'clock.

I've been using my Kore for a couple years now. Shows some wear in spots (I went with nylon black multi-cam so I could be like the cool kids) but it works well as belt (holding the trousers where they need to be) and for carrying. The ratchet system is my favorite feature. I'd recommend it for the price. When this one wears out, I'll likely get another.

Back
Top Bottom