• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash. (merged threads)

kobe_crash_scene.jpg

Looks like visibility was pretty low.....wonder if there were flight restrictions......

kobe_crash_scene.jpg

Looks like visibility was pretty low.....wonder if there were flight restrictions......
For helicopters....no. Special VFR minimums for helicopters in all controlled airspace except class G is "clear of clouds". When I flew helicopters in the Army, the Army's more stringent SVFR minimum was 300 feet ceiling and 1/2 mile visibility. 300 and 1/2 is really bad conditions by the way. The ceiling/visibility in that pic looks above 300 and 1/2 to me.

Tragic for sure, and sad for every soul on board. RIP everyone and God Speed to the families struck with this tragic event.

Gosh, this is awful. Praying for their family. He was one of the good guys.. enjoyed watching him play as I grew up.

I guess ill catch all sorts of crap for this,,,but I don’t find anything amusing about memes about a tragic death and particularly when apparently their 13 year old child was also killed. As you guys would say “flame suit on”.

You are 100 percent right. If you catch crap for that then I will go down in flames calling them inhumane c***s. Sad day for sure.

I had heard the name before but didn't have a clue who he was.

It is interesting that he tended to fly the aircraft himself, and had for years.

I do not watch spectator sports unless I personally know one or more of the players. Been a while since that has happened.

Back
Top Bottom