• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife in your pocket today?

I tend to just zip them through a Lansky quick sharpener, that has two small ceramic rods in a "V"... The only time you should need more than that if if you are damaging the edge and need to put a new edge on it. If you are just dulling it over time, for the most part your edge is likely to just be rolling a bit to one side or the other, and really just needs a quick "straightening" with the quick sharpener...

I have not needed to take a blade to a stone in years, usually because I dropped it on the concrete or was cutting something and it slipped and hit something metal and nicked the edge...

I have a scandi cold steel flipper, Finn Wolf?, that I accidentally hit a rock with and nicked the edge pretty good. Scandi for me is hard to sharpen as I’m scared it’ll give it a secondary bevel.
I have a Ken Onion worksharp and I’ve sharpened a lot of cheap knives and a few of my full tang knives but as you know it re-profiles the factory edge. Works great for me.
As far as my nicer flipper knives I Have not sharpened with the worksharp...yet. Not sure I want to kill the factory edges but the convex edge it gives is pretty nice and can get a mirror polish.

Benchmade 710, picked up new in 1998. The custom scales are from 2014, still holding up well with a nice patina.

uploadfromtaptalk1591458934117.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1591458945286.jpg

Back
Top Bottom