• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kirby

i dont take recruiting classes as gospel as some do. I'd rather take the advice on the guys who invest millions and millions of dollars on getting it right.
And how's that been working out for 'em?
So recruiting classes aren't objective predictors of talent? All right then.
Well, "fan" is simply short for fanatic. Nobody ever accused us of objectivity.

And how's that been working out for 'em?
So recruiting classes aren't objective predictors of talent? All right then.
Well, "fan" is simply short for fanatic. Nobody ever accused us of objectivity.

Ratings of the players, which is what the rankings are based on, are purely subjective. So no, recruiting classes are not objective predictors of talent.

Ok.
I love college football fans. :lol:

The notion that UGA has the beat players but just doesn’t win is ridiculous. Hell in 2019 Alabama and LSU had 3 QB’s combined that were better than any QB UGA has ever had. Not to mention they also had about WR combined better than any WR UGA has ever had. But some how or another UGA is more talented.

Tua Tagaviola
Mac Jones
Joe Burrow
Henry Ruggs
Devonta Smith
Jerry Jeudy
Jalen Waddle
JaMarr Chase
Justin Jefferson

Name the UGA players better than these guys. I’d be glad to hear it.

I love me some UGA, and yes we have had some great players, but never a stacked team like the likes of Alabama. I think Kirby is a great coach, but he doesn't have that Saban edge.

A player messes up on the field for Alabama, where does he end up? Answer that same question for UGA. Alabama has depth and Saban will have you sitting on the sideline explaining to you how you messed up and could be playing the rest of the game while you watch your replacement handle business.

That is the difference between 1st place and the rest of the teams.

The notion that UGA has the beat players but just doesn’t win is ridiculous. Hell in 2019 Alabama and LSU had 3 QB’s combined that were better than any QB UGA has ever had. Not to mention they also had about WR combined better than any WR UGA has ever had. But some how or another UGA is more talented.

Tua Tagaviola
Mac Jones
Joe Burrow
Henry Ruggs
Devonta Smith
Jerry Jeudy
Jalen Waddle
JaMarr Chase
Justin Jefferson

Name the UGA players better than these guys. I’d be glad to hear it.
My point is, they consistently recruit in the top 5 classes and yet seldom finish there. Other schools do more with less. I understand you think the recruiting rankings are meaningless for whatever reason. I think what happens with the talent once they are there is FAR more telling.
But if you think Kirby (or Richt) is a "victim" of not having enough talent to have won an NC by now... I don't know what else to say except, "OK".

Back
Top Bottom