• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kioti or Kubota

Well, as I anticipated I am getting some good input and votes for both. As I also anticipated all of the good reviews for both has made it even more difficult to make a decision and for this kind of money I did want to feel better about one or the other than I do before plopping down the cash. I think I am going to have to do some serious looking soon.

One of my hunting buddies has a 55hp Kioti and he can't stop telling me how pleased he is with it.

What to do, what to do!!!!!

20 years ago Kioti was an unknown & other than seeing them pull the tram wagons at the Moultrie farm show I’d never seen one in person.

I still don’t know of a dealer in my area. Kioti wouldn’t be a consideration for me personally.

Do they have the parts support & dealer network after the sale? That’s as big a deal as the reputation, & more important than the color of the tractor for me.

Kubota has a “Parts Depot” like warehouse in or near Atlanta much like Caterpillar does. That kind of support matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kubota for the win, took 6 months from order date to get it but worth the wait. Grand L4060hstc
20210927_141824.jpg

WELL, ladies and gents. I today put a deposit on a Kioti NX5510. I think it is going to do everything I want it to do. It should get delivered in a couple weeks.

Now I have got to decide if I am going to keep my Massey 135 or let it go.

20160604_163225.jpg

Keep that Massey. She'll run forever as long as you can get parts. Plus if the new tractor did break down you can still get your work done

I worked at a golf course where most of the med. to heavy equipment had Yanmar, Perkins or Kubota. I will take a Kubota of all of them in a instant. I have rebuilt them but very rarely. Those motors run for every and easy to work on. Usually the only thing that goes out is the fuel solenoid. That's what starts and stops the engine. It's a plunger that pushes in or retracts to control flow. Then if you get air in the lines that needs primed you start with the far left injector crack all of them just enough to leak a little fuel and then tighten from left to right. That's if you only break the lines for repair of run out of fuel. They run smooth as butter and internally last forever. Only other engine company that comes close to reliability is Honda small engines. Don't even give it a second thought. I serviced about 15 of them for three years and we had units that had 10 years of day in and day out use and still ran like a top. The engine alone is worth the money. Hydraulics are all about the same. They hardly ever go out out so you are basically investing in the engine and Kubota is far superior hands down.

That just goes back to the farm tractor is the most over engineered equipment ever made. It just works. Those skid loaders can't even hold a candle to that reliability and I've used both. The only difference is more weight for ground contact work.

WELL, ladies and gents. I today put a deposit on a Kioti NX5510. I think it is going to do everything I want it to do. It should get delivered in a couple weeks.

Now I have got to decide if I am going to keep my Massey 135 or let it go.

View attachment 3873030
Keep the Massey…sell the Hummer :becky:

congrats on the new purchase. Mine’s gonna get a workout this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom