• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kinetic bullet puller recs

I've owned several RCBS over the years. All of them will eventually break. I currently have a Frankfort Arsenal (Midway) that has worked as well as the RCBS & was cheaper.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Ive broken every RCBS i got. Their customer service is just terrible. Told me to sent a broken handle in before they will send me a replacement. I aint paying $7 for shipping it on my dime. They lost a customer for life is how i see it

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I have both the RCBS and a Frankford Arsenal. As others have said, the RCBS is not good on everything, but I like it for stuff with a heavier crimp. It does tend to leave some marks on the projectiles. Wouldn't use it on lead projectiles.

Love mine, works like a champ! I have to use it with my Lee cast press tho. Doesn't work with the Forster Co-Ax. Which model do you have, perhaps you'd like to sell it?

It's deep in a box somewhere, as I'm packed to move. Or I'd let you have it. Move date unknown, thank you Chinese virus...

I've used two RCBS kinetic pullers since the early 90's. Bags of O-Rings are inexpensive in the plumbing section of Home Despot or Lowered Expectations.

Update: Well I ordered the Frankford Arsenal one https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012714588?pid=215517
And pulled 41 rounds of .260 with it yesterday. That was fun (not) and messy (truth).
I beat the ever living snot out of it and couldn't believe what it did to a section of 2x12, but it worked and didn't show any worse for the wear.
I give it a thumbs up.

We used one twice, the first and last time, it exploded the plastic shell, we sent it back to the company and they sent us a new one. It is now somewhere on one of the shelves where it belongs...

After that experience we bought the RCBS bullet holder the collets and will not look back to those jokes of a tool again...

Been using the same RCBS kinetic puller for 20 years and not sure how long my dad had it before then. I've pulled maybe 500 rounds of rifle ammo with it. Biggest thing I do it use shell holders instead of the little collet thingy.

Occasionally I find something that's either crimped in too much , or corroded (I use it to salvage old brass for a few odd calibers I shoot) but other than that, it's worth it's weight on gold. I've literally been able to salvage hundreds of $$ worth of brass. If I were doing more of the "standard" stuff like 5.56 or something I'd like to have a collet puller but for now it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom