• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kidney Stones

I know I could google this but Ill get to many answers & ads .

So I rather here it from 'somebody who knows ' What causes them ? & so many with you ?

I guess everyone is different ; I had kidney Issues when I was a Teen but never have had a Stone .

Is it too much Calcium ? Hmmm ? I guess a-lot of factors go into this issue .
Thanks in advance.

Calcium, which you can’t avoid (Bones)
Oxalates (a southern boy diet)
High stress job (architect)
Low rest (see above)
Not hydrated enough (over 1gal of water a day)

Cutting foods and beverages with Oxcilates helps some (draft beer, tea, etc)

Calcium, which you can’t avoid (Bones)
Oxcilates (a southern boy diet)
High stress job (architect)
Low rest (see above)
Not hydrated enough (over 1gal of water a day)

Cutting foods and beverages with Oxcilates helps some (draft beer, tea, etc)

Thank you for the info, ill 'try' to avoid a stone . GD

Keep a pitcher of lemon water in the fridge,Buy one of the squeeze lemons empty it in a pitcher and fill with water,Cranberry juice is another good one. I hope I never have to go thru it again,worse pain I have ever felt

Foods high in oxalate include:
  • Beans.
  • Beer.
  • Beets.
  • Berries.
  • Chocolate.
  • Coffee.
  • Cranberries.
  • Dark green vegetables, such as spinach.
  • Nuts.
  • Oranges.
  • Rhubarb.
  • Soda (cola).
  • Soy beans.
  • Soy milk.
  • Spinach.
  • Sweet potatoes.
  • Tea (black).
  • Tofu.
  • Wheat bran.

Update: not passed yet. Today wasn’t too bad, Motrin and lots of water. Cut the grass. But man, lower back pain kicked in about 5. Took my first pain med, wish I could write these things for myself!!:rolleyes:

Update: not passed yet. Today wasn’t too bad, Motrin and lots of water. Cut the grass. But man, lower back pain kicked in about 5. Took my first pain med, wish I could write these things for myself!!:rolleyes:
When it gets close to coming out you might feel like someone is poking your prostate with a damn toothpick. You mighy feel the urge to pee and be just dadgum uncomfortable. If that happens go get a case of beer and start chugging. When you get about 6 down and feeling good guzzle 2-3 more and when you have to go so bad you can't hold it anymore, run a hot shower then hop in and let it fly. Don't go gingerly cause you don't want it stopping in the middle of your pecker. If it does, somebody has to go get it. The beer will help relax you which will allow it to move.

I told the last guy who was passing one for the first time that it is a mix of two things 1, a Jack-in-the-Box and 2, pissing a Cockleberry. You don't know exactly when it is coming and it a shock when it does.

Best of luck sir.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I wish I could be of more help since I just went thru it,but they knew when the ultrasound didnt work it was gonna be surgery.Try and stay ahead of the pain,first twang take half a pill then the other 2 hours later. I did that and never made it to the 4th half

When it gets close to coming out you might feel like someone is poking your prostate with a damn toothpick. You mighy feel the urge to pee and be just dadgum uncomfortable. If that happens go get a case of beer and start chugging. When you get about 6 down and feeling good guzzle 2-3 more and when you have to go so bad you can't hold it anymore, run a hot shower then hop in and let it fly. Don't go gingerly cause you don't want it stopping in the middle of your pecker. If it does, somebody has to go get it. The beer will help relax you which will allow it to move.

I told the last guy who was passing one for the first time that it is a mix of two things 1, a Jack-in-the-Box and 2, pissing a Cockleberry. You don't know exactly when it is coming and it a shock when it does.

Best of luck sir.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Might work on small ones. But larger stones, will just aggravate it worse.

I know I could google this but Ill get to many answers & ads .

So I rather here it from 'somebody who knows ' What causes them ? & so many with you ?

I guess everyone is different ; I had kidney Issues when I was a Teen but never have had a Stone .

Is it too much Calcium ? Hmmm ? I guess a-lot of factors go into this issue .
Thanks in advance.

My father is a kidney stone factory.

Milk
Red Meat
Sodas
Sweet Tea
White Sugar

Dehydration is also a big one.

Dad’s doctor in the 1990’s gave him a list on a sheet of paper that was the length of the
Paper.

Basically everything we consume with Calcium in it, & btw, your body needs calcium.

My advice,

Go easy on the milk, meat, soft drinks, & white sugar & also drink plenty of water every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom