• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ken Onion Work Sharp...Anybody Fooled With One? Opinions?

Santa brought me one this morning. I sharpened all the cheap kitchen knives, then the good kitchen knives. I'm gonna play with it a little more before I try a good pocket knife. Maybe try one of my ESEE's next.
I haven’t messed with mine yet. How was the learning curve? Sounds like you got the hang of it quickly or woke up extremely early haha

I haven’t messed with mine yet. How was the learning curve? Sounds like you got the hang of it quickly or woke up extremely early haha

I watched about 30 videos over the past couple of weeks. It took a little bit, but I caught on pretty quick. Ya just gotta get the bur going and then it's pretty easy.

I used the polishing belt on a good chef knife and it dulled it slightly. I ran it back through on the x-fine belt and it would slice tissue paper. Yeah, I know I'm gonna end up slicing something off!

definitely going to start with some cheapo cuisinart knives from the block. My wife doesn’t understand. She says “that knife set was over $60 they aren’t cheap, why do you keep saying that?”

I got a whole bunch of Frost cutlery knives from awhile back that may be "practiced on" first.

Screenshot_20181225-163651.png

I played around with a cheap(but pretty good) pocket knife and I was able to re-grind and get this polished edge in about 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom