Kayak Trout Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

musket

Default rank <2000 posts
SCV-MOS&B
84   0
Reaction score
I'm new to kayaking and just acquired a nice 12 footer. Is anyone interested in doing a trip down the Toccoa Tailwater for some trout fishing? I wouldn't mind going it alone, but the wife would have a fit.

I understand that the kayak rental place, just below the dam, will let you launch your own kayak and then shuttle you and your boat back from Curtis Switch for $10. Not a bad deal.

Lemme know.

When you thinking about going? I might be interested. Lemme know.

I work during the week and this weekend is my son's birthday.

I have fished that stretch quite a bit, but haven't been in a few years. On a good day, 50+ fish used to be possible.

Troutman, thanks for getting back. I haven’t really set a date but I know it won’t be this weekend or the next.
I’ll shoot you a PM later with my phone number so we can talk. Being new to this, I have a few rigging questions.

We live about 2 miles from the Etowah. I am home around 530 during the week, if anyone wants to meet there is a 3 hour float we could do.

Yeah, I’d be interested in either of those trips. I don’t think I’m ready for any class 2 rapids, yet.
I’m off to Dicks Creek in the morning. I’m taking my 9 year old granddaughter on her first trout trip. She’s already a pretty good bass fisherman.

Yeah, I’d be interested in either of those trips. I don’t think I’m ready for any class 2 rapids, yet.
I’m off to Dicks Creek in the morning. I’m taking my 9 year old granddaughter on her first trout trip. She’s already a pretty good bass fisherman.

The Etowah is easy. A few small rapids. My 8 yr old paddles it.

20180506_131317.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom