• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kayak trailers

Most of the gear, paddles, vests, etc... fits into the storage areas of the Jackson Kayaks. The rest, coolers, etc... get thrown into the back of the truck for the drive to where ever we're going.

I've thought about adding some type of storage box, but haven't gotten around to it...

just helps keep things organized. wet clothes go here, rods over there,
and so on. i dont like storing stuff in my kayak. hate it actually.
everything slides around. plus its dangerous for the scuppers.

would you look at this! and its made out of pipe and looks totally removable too.
i owe this man a beer indeed.

anyways keep the trailers coming guys. this is a topic you hardly ever see get its
time of discussion on forums but can very well be just as important as the boat
you choose to paddle. i use to just toss it in the truck and go (kayak) but there
is always a mess to deal with still. i like the idea of pop and drop. everything stays
together better and ya dont forget or loose you stuff. ymmv.

If it's just one yak you want to bring, I'd build something in the bed of my truck. I have an inset in the bed walls (Avalanche) that allow simply using a 2x4 to make an instant rack that allows stacking kayaks without touching or storing 'stuff' underneath the kayak. But since my back seat drops I get an 11' bed (including tailgate), so as mentioned, just toss it back there. I realize that's not an option with regular trucks.

If it's just one yak you want to bring, I'd build something in the bed of my truck. I have an inset in the bed walls (Avalanche) that allow simply using a 2x4 to make an instant rack that allows stacking kayaks without touching or storing 'stuff' underneath the kayak. But since my back seat drops I get an 11' bed (including tailgate), so as mentioned, just toss it back there. I realize that's not an option with regular trucks.

at least 2 boats. hauled by my highlander.

I use a Jon Boat trailer that I cut the tongue down on and repositioned the bunkers.
20170621_070213.jpg

so like your friends call her up to go fishing
and you get to stay home huh? happens every time with my better half too. :cool:
Just saw this. No usually it is her calling my dil or some of her friends to go. I will gladly stay home. I have had to drop her off at nearby river and she gets out at har stepdads. Picking her up is easy. Dropping her off not so much.

Back
Top Bottom