• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

Well, no more night kayak by myself. Flipped it last night trying to load it on the carrier. Got cute and took a swim. Had the line around my leg and to avoid stepping in the water, I lost my balance. Fully submerged. Scared me to death.

Be safe out there.

It was warm enough to get back out last night. Biggest 4.5lbs, smallest 3.5. They were aggressive. Swallowing the whole swim bait.

Attachments

• 20220224_205546.jpg
    20220224_205546.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220224_215941.jpg
    20220224_215941.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220224_214823.jpg
    20220224_214823.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 16
Couple more from Saturday night. Lost a big one. Managed to get on other side of yak and jumped.
i was in blackshear a few yrs back. had a white i was trying to lip onto my kayak.
damn thing jumped out of the water and landed on the yak with a treble hook
in my leg. damn thing was stuck in my leg and flopping about. i turned around
to grab my pliers to get him unhooked. he came free from my leg with my crankbait in his
mouth so i turned back around to lip him and the damn thing went to flopping and
landed a hook in my other leg. blood everywhere i again reached for my pliers in pain
as he was flopping about attached to my leg. i grabbed my pliers and as soon as i got turned around
to grab him he gave a last ditch flop frenzy and popped the crank from my leg and his mouth
at the same time landing himself back in the lake. first time i left fish biting lol. i paddled away
to go nurse my injuries lol.

i was in blackshear a few yrs back. had a white i was trying to lip onto my kayak.
damn thing jumped out of the water and landed on the yak with a treble hook
in my leg. damn thing was stuck in my leg and flopping about. i turned around
to grab my pliers to get him unhooked. he came free from my leg with my crankbait in his
mouth so i turned back around to lip him and the damn thing went to flopping and
landed a hook in my other leg. blood everywhere i again reached for my pliers in pain
as he was flopping about attached to my leg. i grabbed my pliers and as soon as i got turned around
to grab him he gave a last ditch flop frenzy and popped the crank from my leg and his mouth
at the same time landing himself back in the lake. first time i left fish biting lol. i paddled away
to go nurse my injuries lol.
LOL. I almost always wear pants for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom