• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

008A76C3-B976-4D99-BCB5-9BCD588967FB.jpeg
3D6AA223-1A50-4F76-9CCC-B4C8A4C06099.jpeg

Fishing was really good before I left to come up to the mountains to do some hunting this month. After the past week though I’ve seen fewer deer than I do down there when I’m out fishing... You guys posting all the fish pics are not helping.:doh:

Fishing was really good before I left to come up to the mountains to do some hunting this month. After the past week though I’ve seen fewer deer than I do down there when I’m out fishing... You guys posting all the fish pics are not helping.:doh:
There are a lot fewer deer in the mountains than there are on the flatlands.

Have any of you guys used the Kingfisher, Manta Ray, or Gone Fishin seats? The stock seat on my 2018 Pescador is just terrible.

I'd also be open to other suggestions ($150 or less), but I'm not interested in building or adapting a lawn chair or stadium seat.

Have any of you guys used the Kingfisher, Manta Ray, or Gone Fishin seats? The stock seat on my 2018 Pescador is just terrible.

I'd also be open to other suggestions ($150 or less), but I'm not interested in building or adapting a lawn chair or stadium seat.

My son is sitting in the manta ray in that pic above. It’s a good seat for what it is. He also sits on a floatation cushion for added padding.

My son is sitting in the manta ray in that pic above. It’s a good seat for what it is. He also sits on a floatation cushion for added padding.

It's the seat bottom that's the issue for me, so the Manta Ray may not be quite what I'm looking for. My butt was sore and left leg was going numb while fishing yesterday.

It's the seat bottom that's the issue for me, so the Manta Ray may not be quite what I'm looking for. My butt was sore and left leg was going numb while fishing yesterday.

I was not able to solve that problem until I got into a yak with an elevated seat. Just that 4-6 inches off the floor of the kayak changes everything.

Back
Top Bottom