• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

Jackson Cuda 12.

A little heavy at 70lbs, but this boat will do a lot.

Jackson-Cuda-12.png

I use a Wilderness Pungo 120 that I traded for years ago. It is a sit in and I like it, but I am looking for a SOT to fish out of so I can stand up.
I have worn a hole twice in the bottom, but I repaired them both times and she is still water tight. The shoals on the Etowah get pretty shallow as the summer progresses and I rub. [Maybe if I lost some weight that would help)

What is you favorite Kayak to paddle when fishing?

I have a Wilderness tandem that is built like a tank but works well on lakes and rivers. I also have a couple of ultra light 36lb Pelican NXT 100’s . They are more for recreation but I use them all the time on the lake or chattahoochee when fishing.

What are some of your rigs and set ups?

Freedom Hawk, you can stand up in it and hold to the raised bar for balance, great for fly casting. I need to sell it I am getting too old for kayaking. Anyone interested? Sale for $700 or trade for? Picture is internet color is beige same as picture.
freedom-hawk-pathfinder-1-520x520.jpg
freedom-hawk-pathfinder-1-520x520.jpg

View attachment 2145794 Bought a cheap Perception Matrix 9.5 kayak at a yard sale Saturday for $100 took it out yesterday on Lake Varner.

I promise you, that will be the best $100 you have ever spent. If you ever get up to NW Georgis, hit me up and I will take you down the Etowah fishing for spots and shoalies. It is the most fun that I have ever had fishing.

Back
Top Bottom